Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Training: Week Ten

Four Weeks Out.  Now is when the little bit of worry and doubt has crept in.
After talking with the promoter last week he said if I wanted to I could send him some progress pictures to see how things are going and he could give me some feedback (since he's not a judge) on areas that may be doing well or may need a little more focus.  Overall he was very positive about where I'm at currently, which was a big confidence boost.  I shared the feedback with my coach, and he thinks that in person my physique is much more impressive than the pictures indicated, which he said will work in my favor come show day.  Since I'm so naive about all of this, I will take his word for it.

Our Miami trip was this week, and it was a BLAST!  I worked my butt off on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday for my workouts and then did the best I could on Thursday and Friday given that the "gym" at the hotel only had about seven pieces of cardio equipment.  Thankfully I snuck in a quick lower body workout at home before our flight, and then just did variations of push-ups on Friday to try to target different upper body muscles.  But getting in my cardio while in Miami?  That was absolutely wonderful!  I got out early each morning just before the sun came up, which gave me enough time to get my run in and then hit the beach to watch the sun come up over the horizon.  I would love to be able to do that every day.  There is just something about watching the sun come up over the horizon.  God's beauty just amazes me.

Nutrition was not nearly as strict as I have been, but for the most part I think I did ok.  I pre-made and packed my lunches and snacks, plus took everything with me for my morning protein shakes.  Dinners were done Miami-style, but I did stick to grilled fish or steak with veggies or a salad.  I am quite sure that my strawberry mojitos were not the best choice, but when you find a good mojito...well it's hard to pass up!  In all honesty I only had one "bad" day, and that was our beach day.  Otherwise I tried to be very conscious of what I was eating and I tried to remember to log everything on the days we were down there. I will acknowledge that I didn't do fantastic, but I think I did pretty dang well!

And now on to three weeks out!   

No comments: