Friday, January 27, 2017

Training: Week Six

Eight weeks out.  It seems so close (only 8 more Saturdays!), yet so far (2 more months!).

This was my second week of the "hardest part of the program" and it's definitely kicked my butt!  We had to mix up the schedule a little bit, so I did legs (M), cardio (T), arms (W), legs (Th), and arms again on Friday.  Friday's arm work was almost a little pitiful.  I couldn't even do one good push-up; I had to do them all on my knees! :-(  My body was tired and I was definitely feeling it.  At one point I even made the comment that every muscle in my body hurt, and I wasn't exaggerating!
But please understand, those statements are not "complaints".  Not once did I think about giving up or quitting.  Not once did I blame it all on training.  Not once did I grumble about getting up at 4:30 in the morning to do it again.  Over the last couple of weeks I've gotten responses of "Well you're the one who wanted to do this" from a few people and you're dang right I wanted to do this.  And I'm loving every single minute of it, so don't for one second think that I'm whining or complaining when I say my muscles hurt.  It's merely a statement just like "My head hurts", or "My back hurts", or "Addi cried when I dropped her off this morning."
Now that that's out of the way, I also met with a posing coach this week.  She has competed in a couple of shows and placed in each.  She was so sweet and her enthusiasm and excitement is just what I needed!  She helped me go through the poses and come up with a "routine" of sorts, so I've spent a lot of time practicing hitting my poses and making smooth transitions.  It's actually been fun, but I don't think I'm ready to do the routine in front of anyone just yet!
Nutrition's the same (chicken, chicken, and chicken) so nothing exciting there.
Changes are coming, I feel it!  Excited to see what these next few weeks hold!

No comments: