Friday, January 27, 2017

Training: Week Seven

Seven weeks out.  And this week has been AWESOME!  Workouts have felt STRONG and I can see muscle definition that I haven't been able to see before.  Last week was rough by the end of the week, but I started this week off strong and still feel that way which is exciting!  Even Coach said I had come a long way based on the dumbbells I used for one of my workouts.  I'm trying!

Starting with this week's training cycle I had to add in an extra 20 minutes of cardio on the days I lift.  Something about keeping the heart rate up for a longer period of time to "extend the burn".  In other words we're starting the process of torching excess fat so that when "shrink wrap" time comes I will be ready.  A 20 minute walk sounds easy, but after an hour of lower body, that 20 minutes is brutal!  Adding this in has also made me need to be a bit more creative on lift days. When I lift at home I have to be very mindful of the time so I can get everything in before I have to get the kids up for school.  And when I lift with the trainer I try to go in to work early so I don't feel guilty about an extended lunch break.  I've still got some tweaking to do on that part of it.  

I haven't slept as well as I would've liked this week, but that's more work & stress related than anything.  Thankfully we have a quiet weekend coming up so I hope to catch up a little on some sleep the next couple of days.
 
I feel like I've done really well sticking to my nutrition plan this week, and that excites me because I knew nutrition would be the hardest part.  But as we get closer to show time I know that the nutrition will change, so I'm trying to be as good as I can now so that I'm not thrown for a huge loop when he changes up my carb intake.  

A couple of things I've noticed this week have been that I seem to be leaning out a little, my metabolism must be increasing, and it only takes a little alcohol or caffeine to affect me now.  I say my metabolism must be increasing because I will just break out into a sweat for seemingly no reason.  The only logic I can put to it is that my body is working hard and breaking down whatever I've just eaten.  If not, well then I'm getting old and am having hot flashes.
And for alcohol and caffeine I would now consider myself a cheap date!  I had A (one) cup of coffee at work this week and felt like I was bouncing off the walls!  I was still jacked up 3 hours after having the cup which is very unusual for me!  And one glass of wine had me dozing on the couch.  Used to I would watch hours of TV while sipping on a good couple glasses of red.  Not anymore!  But I see these all as good things!  It means my body is doing what it's supposed to, and I'll be honest that these have been the neatest changes, second only to, but more enjoyable than, pregnancy changes. :-)  

Six weeks to go as of this Saturday, the 28th.  We're getting down to crunch time!

No comments: