Also known as 10 weeks out. That scares the crap out of me, and screws with my anxiety by about 1000%. What's funny though is that I'm not anxious about standing on the stage (yet), but rather about lining everything up in the right timeline. Who's going to do my spray tan? Will they have someone for hair and makeup? Do I need to get a hotel for the night before? Dumb things like this...Sometimes it's a bad thing to be a planner!
Shoes have been ordered as has my competition suit. I decided not to add the stress of trying to make my suit, so instead I looked and looked and looked for the best deal I could find online. I'm super excited to see the finished product, and I hope it was a good choice!!
I haven't felt well this week, and my appetite has been off since Monday night. Boy what a difference it makes with my training and energy, but it's kind of cool to see a little bit of new definition in my muscles! Each time a little bump in the road like this comes up it makes me so thankful for a coach that is flexible and encouraging. He didn't fuss at me for not getting my calories in, he simply said to do my best to get as many in as possible to help with muscle recovery. I'm so glad he isn't a major drill sergeant/dictator; this process would be so much less fun if that was the case.
Posing practice will be starting soon. This will be the hardest thing for me, 2nd only to nutrition. I've watched the federation's "how to" video as well as many videos online. The next step for me is a session with a posing coach and then LOTS of practice in front of the mirror. I already know I will feel like a moron for doing that, but better to feel like a moron at home but be comfortable on stage than to be uncomfortable AND look like a moron on stage, am I right?!?
No comments:
Post a Comment