Week three started the day after Christmas, which meant I needed to (and actually wanted to) be really good about my food and drink choices over the Christmas holiday. Christmas Eve ended up being a bust (pass the wine please!), but I got back on track Christmas morning with my workout and my good food choices. I didn't track anything, partly because I forgot my phone at home, but I think I did pretty well in limiting my snacking and poor choices. High protein, low fat, good carbs is what I kept telling myself.
This week has been harder than expected, partly because I found out that my competition date has been changed and is now two weeks sooner that it was going to be. Insert totally freaked out emoji face and multiply my normal anxiety by about five and you've got my reaction. I immediately sent Coach a text to let him know, and told him that I probably shouldn't have just eaten that Reese's peanut butter Christmas Tree. And that I was now 10.5 weeks out. And would be going to Miami 3 weeks before the competition. Again, insert freaked out emoji face... But he is so good and just told me to take it a day at a time, and to decide that that last Reese's was the last one. Noted. Got it. I think. Maybe.
I'm also struggling this week with wanting to see immediate results and getting discouraged when I don't. I know that's dumb and I'm going to have to learn to get past that, but it's the reality of what I'm going through. Coach and I talked about this and he said he understands it but that I don't need to worry. He's using it as a positive that I'm wanting to see results because that means I'll keep kicking ass to get them.
Food and meal prep is getting easier. I feel like I spend a lot of time in the kitchen some nights, but I know that it will be worth it. I'm also venturing out just a little bit to switch things up as far as my meat choices. Chicken and rice is good and all, but it's getting old kinda quick and I'm too far out to be getting tired of something already! Last night's meal was turkey meatballs with roasted zucchini and it actually wasn't bad!
So here's to finishing out week three strong and starting 2017 on a good foot! I will be consuming some wine on this New Year's Eve (mine and Ben's 13th anniversary!!!), but have no intentions of consuming the amount I normally would. It still amazes me what a different mindset this competition prep has given me!
No comments:
Post a Comment