I survived the first week, and actually came back for week two!
This week was so much better as far as getting my meals in, and I noticed that by the end of the week I was actually a little hungry in between meals. Coach told me this would happen, but I'll be honest that I didn't expect it to happen this soon.
I am not a fan of eggs, so he did let me swap those out at meal one for a protein shake instead and that's been much better. My typical breakfast would have been a pack of peanut butter crackers and a Coke, so to try to force myself to eat 3 whole eggs and oatmeal was TOUGH! Thank goodness Coach is flexible and willing to work with me. It's definitely better for both of us that he's that way! :-)
Workouts have been great. I'm still doing 2 days at G.A.T.A. and the rest at home. At home I do workouts in the morning so that I can get them in, and making myself get up at 4:30 hasn't been as hard as I expected. Yes, I lay there for a minute but as soon as that competition flashes into my head I pop out of that bed and get going. I'm only going to get out of this what I put into it, and that's a lot of motivation to get my lazy butt up. And for anyone who knows me, getting myself up at 4:30 in the morning is HUGE!!! And I haven't even been that crabby in the evenings! :-)
Three "big" things have happened this week, which just amaze me so much!
1) I've noticed two changes in my body that I'm so pleased with: a) my belly is not bloated like it normally would seem. It's amazing how your body reacts when it's fed with good foods rather than the normal crap I would be eating. And b) baby hamstrings are starting to show! I've always had skinny legs, and no real muscle definition, so to be able to see baby hammies is awesome!
2) Ben commented on how my legs feel different to him; "tighter" was the word he used to describe them.
3) At Christmas Eve dinner with my in-laws, my SIL asked if I was wearing new jeans. I told her no, they were a pair that I wear just about every week (we work together so she has seen me in these jeans), to which she responded "Well your butt looks really good in them. It's got a little "plump" to it."!!
And Ben is continuing to come around. During this week he has not only told the boys that they were all going to get to watch girls walk around in bathing suits (Brandon giggled and Russell's face turned red), but he also bought me a new weight set for the basement. I had mentioned that I would need to get creative with my weights in order to increase weight, so he sent me a picture of a new set and said "Merry Christmas". We are headed in the right direction.
No comments:
Post a Comment