![]() |
| 6 Months! |
We had your 6 month check up last week and, as I expected, you are just perfect! You weigh in at just over 15 lbs and are almost 27 inches long...Tall and skinny baby girl. You are doing everything that you should be and the doctor was very pleased.
Thank goodness you have been sleeping better lately; no more nighttime screaming. You do have a fussy spell right before bed, but you get your little catnap in and are good to go. You still fight your sleep like crazy, refusing to take the paci (lips locked and arms swinging!) but if we can get you to be still, you go down pretty quickly.
As of a couple of weeks ago you have started using "syllables" rather than just singing. You now officially babble "Dadadadadada" almost non-stop. And Girl, you can tell somebody off! You scrunch up your little eyes and just let them have it!!
You are trying so very hard to crawl. You can get where you want to go, but haven't quite figured out how to make your arms and legs work together. You've got the leg part down, getting up on your hand and tiptoes and moving your feet, but then to move your front end you just kind of lunge forward, similar to a seal sliding across the ice! It will not be long though and you will be on your merry way!
I have noticed you leaning back on one arm like you are trying to go from crawling to sitting up. I don't know when you learned to do that, but it won't be long until you have that down as well! You have started sitting up like a big girl all by yourself, so I'm sure you will put all the movements together sooner than I want you to. You do so well balancing yourself, but you've had your times when you get overly excited and back you fall.
You are doing great with table foods. There hasn't been anything that you refuse to eat, but you aren't a huge fan of applesauce. The doctor said we can start working with a sippy cup and expanding your food choices, but I'm not ready for all that yet. We will wait a little bit on all that stuff.
You are starting to show your little stubborn streak and temper; you are definitely your mother's child. :-)
You've also been making the little face below for a few weeks and I finally figured out that it's because you have a little tooth in there that you're "gumming" on! I found your first tooth on 3/31/15 (bottom left) and the bottom right started poking through just a couple days later!
The doctor is right; you are a perfect little girl and we love you to pieces!!



.jpg)

.jpg)

2 comments:
what a cutie!!! i always wanted boys first and then a little girl. thank you for stopping by and leaving such a heartfelt comment. i appreciate your amazing support.
I honestly feel like her face was just peeled off you and placed on her (what a gross visual). But seriously! She is so your twin. She is precious.
Post a Comment