Tuesday, March 17, 2015

5 Months

5 Months
Already?  It just doesn't even seem right!!  And so much is going on at 5 months that I can't even keep up!!

As of now you have started solid foods.  And I'm making them for you!!  First was cereal and you did pretty well with it.  Then we tried avocado and you could take it or leave it (now you're a fan!).  Next came butternut squash and you LOVE it!  You gobble up your butternut squash like it's the last bite you're going to have!  We've tried black beans, yellow squash, bananas, and now sweet potatoes.  You've also had tastes of mashed potatoes (thanks to Aunt Beckie!), asparagus (but I didn't realize you shouldn't have it yet), and of course your Papa has let you drink some of his sweet tea, which you were a huge fan of!

 
You have mastered rolling over and are all over the place!  While I'm fine with that, I was not as thrilled about your attempts to get up onto your hands and knees.  The first time you rolled over was January 8th, and then less than two months later you were trying to crawl!!!!  Once you figured out how to get your knees under you and support yourself with your arms at the same time, you decided you were big enough to try to start moving said knees.  For a few days you would just rock and rock and rock until you finally fell forward, but then on 3/4/15 you actually were able to move both knees a few "steps" before you finally fell down.  I am so very proud of you, but my goodness I wish you would slow down just a little bit! 
You end up EVERYWHERE!
You have started to really suck at sleeping!  You were doing so great and I felt like you were so close to sleeping through the night regularly.  But then all of a sudden you started waking up during the 3 o'clock hour and having screaming fits!  I don't know if it was from the introduction of these new foods, if it's your little gums bothering you, if you're going through a growth spurt, or if it's something else.  We're trying a few different things to see if we can't get you back on track, and I'm hoping something will give because that hour of you being inconsolable is wearing me thin.  Quickly.

You have started giggling, but it seems like Russell is about the only one that can get good giggles out of you.  You absolutely light up when he comes around and I will hear the two of you just giggling and giggling when you're together. 

Cousin Jake and Addison
You have started chewing on/rolling your tongue.  It's the funniest thing to watch you do and oh so cute!


You LOVE the water!  Whether it's the shower, bath, my drink, or being on the boat you absolutely love the water.  In the bath you love splash-splash-splashing and end up with more water on the walls than in the tub!

You also LOVE being outside.  The warmer days have meant more time outside for you, and you just take it all in.  I am so glad you enjoy being outside and know you will have so much fun exploring everything soon.

No little teeth have poked through yet, but they are still driving you crazy.  I hope one day very soon that those little teeth will push through and give you some relief; that's the only thing I hope will come sooner rather than later.

We love you Baby Girl.  Happy five months with us!

1 comment:

Billie Jo said...

She is beautiful!!!!
Enjoy that little sweetie!