Friday, September 12, 2014

My Boys

Bless their hearts, if they were to read the blog they probably would think all I do is talk about Addison!  And I guess on the blog, that would be accurate here lately.  But outside of this little space, our lives are consumed with their activities right now.  And they should know that!
 
Football has been in full swing since the beginning of August and we have gotten into a fairly decent routine considering how crazy it all is! 
This season has been so much fun already and I am so proud of both my boys.  Brandon is still on the K/1 team, and has grown so much as a little football player this year.  He started out the year as middle linebacker, but has since been practiced in several other spots on defense and on the offensive line.  His coaches have been great as far as encouraging him and actually teaching him what the role of each position is.  He's doing a great job and is really, REALLY enjoying football this year!  Mama and Daddy are enjoying watching him this year also!

 Russell is on the 5th grade team, and they have such a good team going.  The coaching staff is great (we've been with them for several years now) and they really push the boys to do the best they can.  Some days that's easier said than done with 5th graders, so I give them props for dealing with these boys!  Russell's position for several years has been corner, and that's where is again this year.  He likes the position, but sometimes says it's boring.  I bet it's not so boring when a 100 lb 5th grader is barreling at you!!

One thing the coaches do that I love is have the boys set goals each year.  This year Russell had three goals:  Make a fumble recovery, play on the offensive line, and get better at corner.  I love that it gives him something to try for, and it's also a little "push" that I have when I see him not giving his all at practice or the games.  Last year he met one of his goals and he was so excited; I can't wait to see how many of his goals he reaches this year!




 
 

No comments: