When I went to the doctor last week I was told I had dilated to 1 cm, but at yesterday's visit it was still the same. Talk about frustrating! Especially when I've gone for at least a 1 mile walk almost each day since, have had MAJOR back pains, and lots of cramping the past few days. I thought for sure we would have made a little more progress than NONE! But I have said all along that this baby would be about a week late, so I don't know why I am hoping for anything different...She is her mother's child after all, and will likely do what she wants anyway!
![]() |
| 38w 4d |
We have been really busy the past two weeks and I've joked about all the inopportune times that she would probably make her debut (while walking around a golf tournament that Ben won tickets to, while Ben was in Atlanta for a meeting and I had two kids at two separate football parks at the same time, while we are in Midtown Atlanta for a music festival) but hopefully she'll cooperate and come Saturday evening after Russell's football game. That would be wonderful Miss Addi!!
My labor with Russell started around 8:00 one night while walking around Home Depot. I didn't realize it was labor; just thought my back was hurting really badly. But then the contractions started later that night and there was no going back. I had joked all day that different things were going to send me into labor (craziness at work, my in-laws fussing with each other all through dinner and our trip to HD), and then of course Ben was supposed to be the opening manager the next morning so he was to be at work at 5:00am. Sure enough, I ended up at the hospital at some crazy hour of the morning and I remember Ben asking if we were going to have the baby because he was supposed to be at work at 5:00...The nurse looked at him like he had 5 heads for even asking! She told him yes, the baby was coming (I was 4cm dilated) and sure enough I had Russell just a few hours after that. He was 13 days early.
With Brandon, I was almost to the point of over it that I am with Addison. I read back through blog posts of when I was pregnant with B, and there was one where I had 3 weeks to go and was ready for him to just come on! I also vividly remember the day that I was 13 days away from due date, and I cried almost half the day because he was not born yet. Granted, that day was also the first day of Pre-K for Russell, so there was a whole lot going on, but I will never forget being so upset that I was not in labor yet. It's funny to me now, but it wasn't funny at all then! On the day I did go into labor with B, Ben was the closing manager which meant he wouldn't be home until 11:00 at the earliest. It was just Russell and I at home that evening and he wanted to ride his 4-wheeler around. Of course he got it stuck a few times, and with no reverse on the thing, it just meant that Mom had to pick it up and physically turn the thing around. Later that night, I was paying for this as once the contractions started they came in full force! I called Ben a few times and he assured me he would hurry home, which he did thank God. We packed RH up and headed to the hospital at a less ungodly hour of the morning than with Russell, but still it was around midnight. I was 5cm dilated at the time of arrival, and Brandon too was born just a few hours later. He was three days early.
So there is no telling what will be going on when labor begins with Miss Addi. I expect her to come in some grand, dramatic fashion since that's kind of how she's been throughout this whole pregnancy. But I can't wait. I can't wait to meet her, hold her, cuddle her, kiss her, and love her. Now if she would just freaking COME ON!!
NINE DAYS AND COUNTING!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment