Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Counting Down


Twenty five days to go.  At least according to the calendar.  Me personally?  I’m hoping for less than 25 hours!  Ben told me goodbye this morning and said “See you at the hospital”, and all I could think was that he had no idea how badly I was wishing and praying for that to actually be the case!! 
The last couple of days have become a little more difficult.  I become tired and winded very easily.  The Braxton Hicks, while still irregular, are becoming more frequent and stronger.  Some have been strong enough that even my legs will feel like they are going numb.  That’s a new one for me.  My back has been hurting off and on for a few days now, and while back pain for me is not uncommon even when not pregnant, I did start with back labor rather than contractions when I was pregnant with Russell.  And the nesting has been in high gear the past two days.  I even cleaned the blinds!!  And I can count on one finger the number of times I’ve done that!!  I’m telling you, Ben would love for this nesting thing to stick around even after Baby Girl arrives.
I have not quite realized how my comments about having a girl have sounded to Brandon, but I heard Russell ask him this weekend was he still sad about the baby.  When I asked Brandon why he was sad about the baby, his response was “Because it’s a girl and you don’t know what to do with girls!”  I had no idea that my offhand remarks were taken to heart like that!  So we had a little talk about how I was just joking, and that having a girl wouldn’t be any different than having him and Russell.  I think he’s reassured for the time being, but I guess only time will tell! 
  
I’m ready for this baby to be here.  I know she will turn our world upside down for a little while, and as I did when Brandon was born I might even wish that she were back inside so I could have half a moment of peace, but I’m ready.  I can’t wait to meet this little girl and for her brothers and Daddy to meet her.  We have 25 days to go, but I wouldn’t be upset if you whispered a prayer that it be sooner than that.

1 comment:

Billie Jo said...

Thinking of you!
Can't wait to meet your little bundle of pink!
Prayers and hugs, my friend. : )