Thursday, August 21, 2014

Almost 35 Week Update

I'm 34 weeks, 6 days today and had a routine checkup yesterday. I go back in 2 weeks, and that’s when we’ll start the weekly visits.  To say I’m ready for that is an understatement!!  So here's the rundown as of yesterday:

Weight Gain:  Holding on at 11-12 lbs. I thought I had gained more than that, but apparently I had written down my starting weight incorrectly.    

Baby (according to app): 17.75 inches and 4.75 lb.  My rough estimate a few days ago to Ben was that she was about 17-18 inches just based on how long she is from butt to heel when she stretches out across my belly.
She has been measuring a little small; at my 30w 4d visit she was measuring 29 weeks, and at my 32w 5d visit she only measured 30 weeks.  But at that visit the midwife (Tonya, who I LOVED) said as long as they are within 2-3 weeks, they don’t get concerned.  So today Dr. B didn’t do a measurement with the tape measure, but he manually checked measurements of my belly and her position and said all looks great.  When I asked if he was concerned about her measuring small, he said “No, she’s going to measure small just because you are small”…Well then Dr. B, maybe you shouldn’t have scared the crap out of me by asking if I was going for a personal record!!  And yes, I made sure to tell him this!   

Gender: GIRL!! And I am SO ready to meet her! 

Showing: Yes, but it is still funny to me to hear people say they didn’t know I was pregnant!  Now though, most are shocked when I tell them I’m due in less than 6 weeks.  I had a lady just this week say “Oh, you must not be very far along” and when I told her my due date I thought her jaw was going to hit the ground.  Boy if they only realized how much like the broad side of a barn I feel!
 
Movement: Every day and I love, love, love it!  Even the ones that hurt!  To be this close to the end, she still moves a pretty good bit.  And she still has her active times of 6-7am, between 10am and noon, around 3-4pm and she’s very active still around 10:00pm.  But that’s a schedule I can live with, so I hope she keeps it up!   

Energy: I’m starting to lose it again.  Between work, football and school starting, and being pregnant…Well I feel like I’m run pretty ragged at the end of the day.  I’m doing my best to stay with it and still try to go for a walk during football practice, but I’ve noticed that my distance is getting shorter and my times are getting longer.  And then by 10:00 I am just done.  But I have managed to stay fairly caught up on laundry and dishes, and I’ve stuck to my small goal of making the boys’ lunch each night.  So those little successes do give me a slight energy boost. 

Sleep: Well, it went from “surprisingly good” to “Really Sucks” in just a matter of days! I don’t get up to pee much, but I still occasionally will wake up with heartburn. And now, the worst part is that I’ve gotten so big that I actually have to wake up to heave myself turn over!  And laying on the same side all night is not an option because then my hips/back hurt.  So I spend a good bit of the evening tossing back and forth and then trying to go back to sleep.  I think that’s what is getting my energy more than anything.   
Mood: Up and down, up and down; no change there.  But I did confirm today that I can get back on my meds the day she’s born.  So they better have an order on hold is all I can say!!
Cravings: Nothing really.  She still wants very specific things for a very short amount of time.  Recently it’s been Snickers bars and gummy bears.  Good thing (or maybe not?) there is a dollar store just down the street that I can swing in to when those cravings strike!

 Things I Miss: Bending over, laying on my stomach, being able to button my pants/shorts, eating decent meals (there is NO MORE ROOM, so I haven’t had much of an appetite), sneezing without peeing on myself!…That last one’s the worst!
 
Other:  My work had a staff meeting during which I was the “winner” of a mini pack-n-play (for the boat) and a box of diapers.  I have told everyone from the beginning that I didn’t want any showers because we have most everything we need, so instead of a shower they joked that it was a giveaway and anyone that attended the meeting and was pregnant was eligible for the drawing.  So in our small office of 10, four are male, two are post-menopausal, one’s hubby has been “fixed” as she likes to say, and the other two have no desire/plan to have babies.  So that leaves me.  It was very sweet of them, and I am very appreciative of their kindness.  And I guess I can’t fuss because they did respect my wishes of “No shower!” 
My sister, on the other hand, has planned a for real baby shower for me and Addi tonight so she and I may need to have a talk about what “No shower” means! :-)  I would be lying if I said I wasn’t excited to see what adorable little outfits Baby Girl has coming her way though!

5 weeks, 2 days to go!!!

2 comments:

Billie Jo said...

You are stunning!
And I can't wait to meet your little lady. : )

Jennifer Smith said...

And my oh my is she going to be one little spoiled cutie pie! She will for sure be dressed in some super cute clothes and hairbows!! Can't wait till she gets here.