Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Just About Over It


That is where I am right now…Just about over it.  The countdown has been is on, and we are just over 6 weeks away from Baby Girl’s arrival.  My due date is 9/27 and I’ve joked all along that she better not even think about waiting until 9/28 to arrive, but deep down I’m being very serious.  I have just about hated being pregnant this time around and need her to be here sooner rather than later.  And this is where it gets “confusing”.  I haven’t hated being pregnant.  “But you just said you have hated being pregnant…?”  Yes, I did and yes I have.  But not because of the being pregnant part.  I’ve enjoyed every single kick (even the ones that hurt or that are at 4am), every single stretch, every hiccup (and homegirl has A LOT), every ultrasound picture, every heartbeat I’ve heard.  I’ve enjoyed all of that.  I’ve absolutely loved seeing how excited Ben is about having a baby girl; how he will lean down and kiss my belly or talk to her when we’re laying on the couch.  I’ve enjoyed Brandon coming up and putting his hand on my belly to see if she’s awake and moving.  I even enjoyed painting and decorating the nursery, trying my hand at making baby blankets (1 complete, 2 more in the works) and burp cloths, and learning to love the thought of having a baby girl.  I’ve enjoyed it all.  But I’ve hated every minute of the emotional hell I’ve been in throughout most of this pregnancy.  I never experienced this when I was pregnant with the boys; in fact, if every pregnancy could be as good as those I’d probably have 10 kids!  Now how things went downhill after Russell was born is a different story, but as far as pregnancies go, this one has been completely different as far as my emotional state of mind, and I’m about over it. 
We are just over 6 weeks away from Baby Girl’s arrival and I am ready for it!  I don’t know if I’ve ever heard of anyone actually praying for labor to start, but I’m praying for labor to start!  I want her to be as healthy as she can be, but I am ready for her arrival and I am ready to get back to normal.  These pregnancy hormones have been no joke and have thrown me for a greater loop than I ever anticipated.  I’m scared of what’s to come from hormones after she’s born, but I’m praying about that also.  My hope is that all will go well and that I will be able to enjoy every single second with my baby girl.  She’s not even here yet and I already don’t want to miss a minute with her.  We are just over 6 weeks away and I am counting down because I am just about over it.

1 comment:

Elle Sees said...

i love your honesty. i've never been pregnant, so i am in awe. i'm praying that maybe you're dealing with emotions now so that they will be back to normal later? i'm glad things are going well other than that! here's to happy and healthy!