Thursday, August 7, 2014

Hill Children Updates

It is that time of year again when things get back into full swing.  Though I'm beginning to wonder if we are ever out of full swing to be honest!  It's all good though; I'm glad we have the opportunity for our kids to play sports and be involved with a team.  I'm glad we have a big family that we are constantly making memories with.  I'm just glad.  But enough on that...Here's what's going on:

Russell-
       *He is 10 now and starting 5th Grade!  He is not supposed to be this big yet, and I'm not sure how I feel about it!    
       *Football started back for him and he is excited about it.  Some years it has taken lots of "talking up" in order to get him motivated, but this year I think he understands that he has to earn the right to start at Corner, and he's been giving it his all at practice. 
End of practice prayer
       *My only fuss with him right now is his logic about work ethics.  I "paid" him for some work he did for me at my office, and let him deposit the money into his account yesterday.  I showed him how to complete the deposit ticket, made him let the teller know what transaction he was doing, and also had him ask for his account balance.  Once he got his account balance, he quickly calculated how much he needed to get to the next "big" number.  Our conversation went like this: 
      Russell: "I only need $50.52 to get to $the next big number!  I should be able to get that by the end of next year!"
      Me:  "You should be able to get that by the end of this month.  Just tell people you are trying to earn some money, and see if they have any work you can do for them."
      Russell:  "Nah, I don't really like to work."  UGH!!! 

Brandon-
       *He will be 6 in a couple of weeks and is super excited about it.  He's also a big, bad 1st Grader this year!  He thinks that's pretty cool.  And I love his teacher, even though I've only met her once at Open House.  I think it's going to be a really good year for my little man. 
       *His football started this week as well, and I think he's going to really enjoy it.  He doesn't have a set position yet like Russell does, but he's happy as long as he can get out there and tackle someone.  Better on the field than in my living room I suppose!
*This one has got my temperment, which I'm sure just makes my parents laugh and laugh.  I really have to work with him and remind him that he's not always in trouble; sometimes people are just reminding him about things.  But he can cop an attitude as quickly as I can, so that's going to be our struggle I'm afraid!

Baby Girl-
32 Weeks

       *She is still called "Baby Girl" most of the time, but she does have a real name.  We decided on Addison Jo, and will likely call her Addi though I have heard Ben and the boys refer to her as "AJ".  I suppose AJ goes right along with the RH and B that we already have, but I'm going to stick with Addi.  
       *We have just over 7 weeks before her arrival, and I am SO anxious for her to get here!  Ben is more excited than I am I think.  We actually argue over who is going to get to hold her more!  It absolutely melts my heart to hear him talk about her and to even talk her.  He was never really like this with the boys, and I truly hope it continues!  Addi, you have your daddy wrapped around that tiny finger already!!
       *At my last visit they said everything looks great, and that she's measuring just below the 50th percentile.  So as of right now, we don't have a personal record on our hands and I'm hoping that remains the case.  I go back for another checkup today, so we will see if anything has changed.

       *I've done good and haven't gone super crazy with buying her clothes (girls are more fun to buy for than boys!), but I have bought a few outfits that I'm kind of excited about.  Since she will be arriving in the middle of football season, she of course had to have a UGA and a Raiders outfit.  Both of those should be arriving this week and I already can't wait to take a picture of her tiny Raiders outfit next to her big brothers' jerseys.  And then I bought her this onesie...
Ben says I'm giving her a complex; I say it's a warning to everyone that she is like her mother! :-)

I hope everyone's kiddos have a fun and SAFE first day back to school!!! 
Until next time!
    

No comments: