Wednesday, July 23, 2014

30ish Week Update

I'm 30 weeks, 5 days today and am headed back for a routine check this afternoon.  I almost had a little stroke at my last visit when they said, "Alright, we will see you in 2 weeks."  I mean HOLY CRAP, where has the time gone!!  So here's the rundown as of today:

I say maybe a little bigger than a volleyball...
Weight Gain: 11-12 lbs I think.  I was up 9.5 lbs 2 weeks ago, so I'm guessing close to 11 or so lbs today. 

Baby (according to app): 15.7 inches and 2.75 lb (ultrasound estimate 2 weeks ago was 2 lb 9 oz)

Gender: GIRL!! And I’m more accepting of and excited about that than I ever thought I would be.  My how feelings change!

Showing: Yes, there is no denying that it’s a baby belly rather than a beer belly.  But in my scrubs, most people still have zero idea that I’m pregnant which is just odd to me!

Movement: Every day and I love, love, love it! Not only does it let me know she’s still okay in there, it is one of the neatest feelings ever! Most of her movement is now just stretching her legs, but every now and then she’ll practice her gymnastics.  Usually this happens around 10:00 at night and 4:00 in the morning!  She had been on a pretty good movement schedule (just about every 3 hours), but it's not as regular anymore.  If she wants to get back to her every-3-hour-schedule I would be just fine with that!  Also, I've been able to listen to her little heartbeat with my stethoscope.  I noticed around 27 weeks that I could hear it, so now I will listen to it just about every night.  If that's not the coolest thing, I don't know what is!!

Energy: Pretty good for the most part, but I can tell that I’m becoming more tired during the day. I’m still trying to get out for my walks, but I’m just as content relaxing on a float in the lake also.

Sleep: Surprisingly good!  I don’t get up much at all during the night to pee, but occasionally I will wake up with heartburn.  Getting to sleep is more the problem!  Baby Girl is usually positioned with her back on my left side, and I always start out laying on my left.  So when I lay down to go to sleep, she starts having a kicking fit!  I don’t think she likes laying on her back at all!  She eventually calms down, but I am curious to see what kind of sleeper she is based on how she reacts now to my position.
Mood: Up and down, up and down.  I will have moments of panic about not being prepared, but I take a step back and breathe and realize that everything will be just fine.  My biggest stressor and mood killer aside from that is work.  I turned in my notice at the “old” job, so I’m trying to make sure all is in place before I go…That’s getting to me. 
Cravings: My cravings are so funny this time around.  With both the boys I wanted certain things throughout the entire pregnancy (Russell-Wendy’s fries and frosties, Brandon-Publix sweet tea, watermelon, and fudge ripple ice cream).  With this little girl, I have wanted very specific things but only for a short amount of time.  Drumsticks ice cream-haven’t had one in months.  Spinach salad with strawberries and raspberry vinaigrette dressing-only craved for a few short days.  The times I had to have Olive Garden salad or Mellow Mushroom pizza-couldn’t care less about them now.  So she doesn’t want much, but when she does want something, she wants it right then and there!  Awesome…  

Things I Miss: Bending over, laying on my stomach, being able to button my pants/shorts…You know, important things like that! 
Other: We had the follow up ultrasound 2 weeks ago and all looks perfect.  The cyst is gone as I knew it would be, and she showed her stubborn streak like I expected.  The child would not MOVE!  We saw an ear and her foot; that was it!  She is no longer breech, and I knew it the day she flipped because Home Girl was pissed!  She would push and push against my ribs, and then I would feel very quick little movements low in my pelvic area.  I told everyone that it was like she was trying to turn again but couldn’t and was swinging those little fists in frustration. J  So she now sits with her head buried in my pelvis (literally) and I can only imagine that she is pouting about having to do something she does not want to do.  That’s going to bode well for me in the future I’m sure! 
We will see how today's visit goes.  I venture to say it will be short and sweet, but who knows with this child.  She has a mind of her own and isn't afraid to let me know it.  Only 9 weeks, 2 days left until I meet this little Wild One of mine!!! 

1 comment:

Billie Jo said...

Lindsey!
How exciting for you!!!!
I can't believe you are almost there...
I can't wIt to meet her. : )
Have a cozy weekend!