Monday, July 21, 2014

Busy, Busy, Busy

I really don't think there is ever a dull moment around our house. Even when school is out and the kids are at Grandma and Poppy's for the summer, we still manage to not have much "hang around the house time". 
This year, on top of getting ready for a new baby, we also took the boys to Myrtle Beach for vacation.  I've decided that vacations while pregnant are not quite the most fun thing I've ever done...
But we still did have a good time.  We spent a day at the beach just enjoying the beautiful weather and very warm water.  The boys loved going out "way far" with Ben, but were less than thrilled when Mom made them stay within a reasonable distance.  Oh well...That's just how moms are!
 
We spent the rest of our days just kind of sight-seeing:  Broadway at the Beach, 6 hours of go-karts, the beachside water park, cruising the strip and counting how many "Eagles Swim Shops" there were (13 to be exact).  We did make a trip to Wilmington, NC one day in order to check out a battleship museum, and despite how h-o-t it was walking around that thing, it was very neat to see and read the crew's accounts of different events.  We also made a stop at Krispy Kreme a few times because well, When the "HOT" sign is on, you stop for donuts!  And yes, I ate two each time we stopped...What Baby Girl wants, Baby Girl seems to get! 

Brandon getting to drive his very own go kart!

Broadway at the Beach

Pirates Dinner Show

Brandon, Mommy, and Baby Girl at the water park
 All in all I would say we had a really good time, or at least I hope everyone did!  Some days it's hard to tell with my crew!  And while we probably won't go back to Myrtle Beach, we can now mark it off of our list of places to check out. 

*many more pictures were taken...these were just the ones available on my phone at the time*

1 comment:

Billie Jo said...

Life with littles is always busy...Isn't it?
I guess that's why, looking back, the time seems to have passed so quickly!
Your vacation looks fun...and just think...next summer you will have a little lady in pink along!
Nice seeing you!