Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas 2012

Usually in the days after Christmas I make several comments about how our house looks like it was hit by a tornado, but in the aftermath of the real tornadoes that tore through our neighboring state on Christmas night, I can’t be so careless as to say that.  My heart goes out to all of the people affected by the storms and who have suffered so much loss.  It is a reminder of how blessed I truly am and how much I take for granted.  Lord please help me to always be mindful of how blessed I am and all that You have done for me.  I’m sorry it takes such devastation to sometimes open my eyes. 
 
We did have a wonderful Christmas day, as I hope you did too.  It was sprinkled with tears of sadness for the absence of Pawpaw, but also with tears of joy upon the news of my sister’s engagement!!  To say she deserves this is such an understatement.  So David, welcome to the family…Lord help you is all I can say!
 
The boys had a great Christmas, and in Brandon’s words, “Santa gave me what I wanted!”  Yes, those were his exact words upon walking into the living room Christmas morning…At 6:15 AM!  It was so cute, and his reaction alone was worth every penny too much that was spent and every minute worrying over if Santa was going to bring the right thing.  Yes, Santa did.  And while Santa may not bring much for Mommy and Daddy, we are okay with it and are pretty good about spoiling each other.  One of the best gifts Ben got me is a tripod for my camera.  I may only use it a few times a year, but it is well worth it to me to have it around.  My new tripod enabled us to take a family picture amongst the Christmas morning mess, plus family pictures at both my grandmothers’ homes.  Money well spent. 
 
    
 
Now if I could just learn how to use my camera to its fullest ability…Maybe that will be one of my goals for 2013.
 
Again, I hope you had a wonderful Christmas day with your family as well.  Christmas pictures might be posted in the next few months…Or they might not. J  For now it’s on to wishing you a quickly approaching Happy New Year!!
 
 
Lindsey
"The truth is that parents are not really interested in justice.  They just want quiet!"  -Bill Cosby

5 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Looks like a wonderful day, Lindsey! I worry if Santa brings everything the littles asked for every year, but it always works out, doesn't it? So happy you all had a fun Christmas! Enjoy this wonderful time of year with those sweet boys!

Janna Renee said...

Aww kids faces on Christmas morning are priceless! I need to learn how to use my camera too... I'm glad that y'all were okay after the tornadoes.

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

I might just be ridiculous but I like the Christmas house morning mess. It's nice to just let it go and sit and sip tea and watch people around you. I just love the relaxation of it.

So fun about your tripod! So handy. I haven't used mine much but I always read about the benefits of it and maybe one of these days, I will give it a go. Sounds like you are making good use of it already!

Love that he was so pleased with Santa's gifts! And at 6:15! I remember waking up at the crack of dawn when I was a little kid and waiting in my room with my Sister until our parents said we could start xmas morning (usually around 7:30). It was so exciting. Now with no kids around, we all slept until about 10 AM. How depressing! You are lucky you have spirited kids to make the Holidays special.

And I'm finding I need less and less 'stuff' as gifts too. As I age and realize how much everything costs relative to bills and expenses: perfectly fine trimming it down.

I'm glad you had a merry Christmas with your adorable family! And congrats to your Sister.

Brooke said...

HI Lindsey I clicked over from Billie Jo's and just wanted to say you have a beautiful family!

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

I love how he said that... so cute, and I am sure it felt so good to know he was so happy!

Cheers to an amazing 2013!