When we pulled in the parking lot all he could say was “I can’t bewieve how big it is!” and “Where are all the fish?” When Russell pointed out the mounted fish on the walls inside, Brandon’s response was “But are there any awive fish?” Needless to say he was in awe when he saw the huge tank with all the “awive” fish swimming around. He thought that was pretty cool.
They were also having special *free!* activities for the kids to do, so we spent the day riding the carousel (of non-traditional bears, moose, and deer), target shooting, and racecar driving. It was pretty perfect all around as I got to finish up the Christmas shopping, and sneak to get my nails done, while Ben and the boys were entertained in the “manly store”. We ended the day by getting to open one special present each, which was new PJ's for the boys, and a Christmas movie (Frosty the Snowman) and box of popcorn. Kately and Preston, Nana, Abbey, Kacey and David joined us for the special night that I hope will now become an annual tradition. It was a perfect start to the Christmas week.
I wish you all a very Merry Christmas. Many thoughts and prayers to all of the families that have suffered tragedy, lost loved ones, and are less fortunate than others. Prayers that God will comfort and provide for all.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
"The truth is that parents are not really interested in justice. They just want quiet!" -Bill Cosby

2 comments:
Lindsey....My husband and son would have loved that!! So glad you had a good time...Merry and Blessed Christmas to you and your beautiful family!
Love the Bill Cosby quote- so funny. My Mom always said the "I brought you into this world, I can take you out" quote of his when I was growing up, haha.
You are so lucky that you have someone around you that can't pronounce their vowels (and sometimes 'y'!) properly yet. I am dying at all of the "awive" comments. haha- awe! I watched "Jon & Kate + 8" from the beginning so I was obsessed with it long before it was the circus it became (and still watched long after that, haah) but some of my FAVORITE memories from the show are the beginning seasons when Collin always says 'yittle' and 'yeg' and 'gaels' (instead of 'girls')- I just die!
Glad you grabbed some you time while the boys played, that sounds like the perfect ploy to get some you time! And that Bear Carousel is a great idea!
Post a Comment