This past Sunday, October 14th, 2012, is one of the sweetest services I’ve ever been able to take part in. It was the service where my biggest little man was baptized.
Russell professed his salvation back in June (6/14/12) while at church camp with my aunt, but he’s been putting off joining the church ever since. He just has not wanted to go in front of the crowd for some reason, but he finally came around. And once he decided to join, there has been no hesitation in him at all.
So on Sunday, the family joined us to witness Russell’s baptism, and I am so very thankful for this step my little man has taken. Thank you, Lord, for answered prayers.
Ricky asked my dad, aka “Papa” to say a few words about the first baptism.
And Daddy prayed saying, "This is my grandson, and I am well pleased." (ref. Matthew 3:17)
Talk about making the waterworks flow.
They told Russell all morning they’d put ice cubes in the water, and Ricky pretended the water was FREEZING, but it was actually as warm as a bath…Lucky Russell!
Being baptized in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost.
Ricky and Russell, one of my favorite pictures of the day.
And another favorite picture of the day.
Thank you, Lord, for all of the blessings that you have bestowed upon us. We are so very grateful.












6 comments:
aw, what a special day for you! I think it's neat that you let them tell you when they're ready. That makes the day so much more special that you know they understand and want to be a part of what you hold so dearly. He looks very doe-eyed and cute in all of the photos, but I must say his face popping out of the water is the cutest to me! Congratulations on this joy and milestone for your family!!
What a soecial day for your family, indeed, Lindsey! So happy for you all! And I agree with Miss Caitlin ...that picture is the sweetest! : ) Happy Wednesday!
Ummm that should be special day! And I really need to click "preview" before "publish!" Ha!
Glad we were a part of that special day! Love the pictures!
Aww congrats! Gets me all warm and fuzzy inside!
aw congrats!! such an amazing time! def enjoyed the pictures you shared!!
http://infinitelifefitness.com
http://mscomposure.blogspot.com
Post a Comment