Monday, October 8, 2012

Bahamas Cruise...With the Kids!?!?!

We went on a cruise with the kids a few weeks ago, and it actually turned out much nicer than I ever imagined it would.  After our last vacation with them in July, I wasn't sure I could mentally survive 4 days stuck on a ship with them! :-)  But fortunately, our little men behaved almost the best they've ever behaved!  The weather was perfect which allowed us to get out and see and do all we could, and we all enjoyed a few days away from the reality that we sometimes get bogged down in. 
Some of the highlights of the trip for me:
*Russell snorkeling for the first time and being SO excited by everything he saw.  He's now a pro at talking even with a snorkel in his mouth. :-)
*Russell saying he wished we had a time machine so we could go back and do it all again.
*Brandon loving Adventure Ocean, and looking for Fuzz Buzz the Alien each night.
*Brandon making friends with Inky the Octopus, and saying he was his Best Friend.
*Enjoying some free time with Ben, without the stress of laundry or the daily grind on my mind.
*NOT HAVING TO DO LAUNDRY!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Customize your own free slideshow design

And yes, you may have noticed that there was NO CAST on Brandon's leg!  He got the cast off the Monday before we left, so he did have a brace to wear, but no cast which meant he could enjoy all activities we did (swimming, playing on the beach, etc.)  It was by far one of the best trips we've had with our boys, and I am surprised to hear myself say that I would do it again.  Yes, take note of that because it doesn't come out of my mouth very often! :-)

4 comments:

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

Loving the 'one day we'll get a good picture together' one, hahah - Russell's face is hilarious!

Looks BEAU-TI-FUL! Ah, I want to go on a Cruise so badly! I even love the way the beds were laid out where Brandon looked excited. Looks really cozy and fun. I'm glad you had such a nice trip with them!!! What a relief. And the pic of you trying to steal a kiss is so sweet and I LOVE your Maxi you have on!

I'm glad it all went well, the pictures were adorable and gorgeous all at once.

Billie Jo said...

Lindsey...what a great trip for you all! Love the pictures! So glad you had fun! Happy Monday!

Billie Jo said...

And I just realized it is Tuesday! Oh MY! : )

Janna Renee said...

What a fun little slideshow! I love the way it is edited. Those are the great memories :) Glad it was easier than you thought it would be!