Tuesday, July 10, 2012

How we Spent Our 4th of July

First, the downstairs bathroom is coming along so great!  I took a leap and painted something a pop of color that is totally out of my comfort zone, but I LOVE IT!!  And yes, I know the paint can said not to paint in temperatures that exceed 90 degrees, but I couldn't help it and decided to anyway.  So we're almost finished!!!  I'm so excited!!

Back to business...We spent our 4th in the same way we always do:  On the water.  We actually started our celebrations the night before by taking the boys to a Braves game; thank goodness work gets season tickets!  And it just so happened that they had a fireworks show after the game on the 3rd, so it was a nice intro to what we'd get to see on the actual 4th.

Chipper went 5 for 5; great game!

Attempting the tomahawk chop

Beautiful sunset at Braves Stadium




On Wednesday morning we got up early to get ready for the lake.  It was a hot one for sure, but there is no better way to spend a hot summer day than on the lake.  The weather was beautiful, and the fireworks were some of the best Ben said he's ever seen.  For us, it was a great 4th of July celebration.  We hope you all had as great of one as we did.  

He LOVES being thrown from Ben's shoulders

Two of my favorite boys


God Bless America





3 comments:

Kara said...

Looks like a great time! Happy 4th!

Unknown said...

Great photos!!! It looks like you and your family had a wonderful time!
BTW in reply to my Stuck comment... I hope you are able to find rest in the midst of your busy life, sometimes that helps me to get past what I'm going through. I hope you have a wonderful day! :)

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

how fun! that sunset looks beautiful! my friend was actually at that Braves game too so that is kinda funny :)

yes, lakes plus sun = the best day ever. looks like a blast! there's so many people around there.

God Bless America indeed!

PS so happy to hear the bathroom is coming along well, yippee! that's awesome.