Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Last Week in Review

Happy 4th of July!!!  I can not believe we’re already in July!  Where has the time gone this year?  I guess my wish for nursing school to hurry up and go by is coming true after all, because I swear I just blinked and it's July already.    
Anyway, I just wanted to stop in for a quick minute to brag on myself and how “with it” I was last week, and even kind of this week.  Last week I: 
ü      Got a 92% on my mental health exam…It kind of a little bit bothers me that I knew the material so well!  But maybe I can relate because nursing school has driven me crazy…J
ü      Made 2 home-cooked meals: baked chicken and asparagus one night, and a meal of baked tilapia, asparagus, and strawberries another night. 
     I had to laugh at how our table looked though.  We had 3 plates of the fish meal, and then Russell’s plate of 2 corndogs and cheese curl things, because he doesn’t eat fish.  And I honestly was not up for fighting with him over it.  So corndogs it was.  But Brandon ate half of his tilapia, and all of his strawberries and asparagus.  He is my eater for sure.
ü      Managed to get caught up on the laundry and dishes.
ü      Organized 3 of the kitchen cabinets and went as far as cleaning the microwave…And am ashamed of how dirty I let it get!!  Gross!
ü      Even managed to make it to the movies with the girls.  Do you know how long it’s been since I’ve seen a movie at the theater??
ü      Ended the week with 2 full days at the lake, trying to beat the 100+ degree temps.

This week I:
ü      Am so very behind on laundry again.  How does that happen so quickly???
ü      Have not made any plans to cook yet…
ü      Need to do dishes…
ü      Took the boys to the Braves game (pictures to come)!
ü      Plan to spend today on the water, soaking up the sun.

And finally, this week I FINALLY got the guest bathroom painted and will hopefully have it completed by the end of the week!  I got a wild hair yesterday that I was going to paint that room last night no matter what.  And thankfully it’s a small enough bathroom that it didn’t take me too long.  I’ll share pictures when it’s finally finished, but so far I love it!  And I’m so glad that I ran across such great inspiration!

It is truly amazing how much time I have for life when I don’t have to go to class, or study, or read, or study…How much longer is nursing school?  I have kind of enjoyed having a life these past few days!

 
"The truth is that parents are not really interested in justice.  They just want quiet!"  -Bill Cosby

4 comments:

Kara said...

Sounds like a great week! Happy 4th!

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a great week :) I love going to the $2 dollar theater, we watched Mirror Mirror. The kids seem to like it. :) I know what you mean about time flying, I too can't believe it's July. Wish time would sit still for a bit. Happy to have found your lovely blog. :)
www.findyoursparkle2.com

jes @ twosmuppies said...

sounds like a great week! (like the two above me have already said :))
also, don't worry about the laundry. i, too, like to ignore it for as looooong as possible!

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

nice job! it feels so good to get a handle on the daily pains of life. Laundry seems to always pile up and I seem to never have room in my closet so I'm forever frustrated by it.

great job on your test! I'm sorry to hear that you feel behind with daily chores again (been there... always!) but it sounds like you're doing really well at school so that is just a small sacrifice for now I suppose.

Love the meals, haha. Both look pretty good to me :)