Thursday, February 2, 2012

2012 Goals Check In

Brandon's Groundhog saw its shadow!
Happy 2nd day of February Groundhog Day (my 3 year old told me it was Groundhog Day...Nice)!!  I can not believe the first month of the new year is already in the books.  Time really does seem to fly the older I get.  It's making that baby fever even hotter because I know they grow up all too fast!  But alas, no babies until after school's over for me.  I have more than enough on my plate right now, thankyouverymuch. 
Did you all make resolutions?  If so, how are they going for you?  I didn't make resolutions, but I did set a list of goals I wanted to achieve this year.  So far, I think we're off to a pretty good start; at least on some things.  Since the housing market still pretty much sucks for sellers, we have decided to try to rent it for now.  The rental guy looked at it yesterday and seems pretty positive about us having success on renting it out.  I'm still a little anxious about that; you just never know what kind of renters you'll get, but something is better than nothing at this point.  I also feel like I've been pretty productive at least at work.  Maybe not so much at home, but I do feel like I've been checking things off my work to-do list fairly quickly.  It is nice to watch the stacks of stuff get smaller each day...Even if they are just as big the next day.  Oh the joys of being the only one who does my job...
As for cooking more and being on time...Well, let's just say I need to work on those more.  I think I cooked maybe 10 meals in all of January.  That either means there was lots of "fending for yourself", or lots of eating out going on at my house.  Oops...
All in all I feel like January was good.  I started out strong, waned a little, but never "gave up" on trying to meet my goals.  Hoping to keep the steady pace going in February!!

2 comments:

❤ Meghan said...

just found my way over here. what a cute little blog (and family!) you have! :)

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

thanks to Bill Murray, I will always remember it's Groundhog Day.

Great job on your goals! 10 meals for January sounds pretty good to me, especially if you're trying to do ti more, that's a great jumping off point.

Renting idea sounds like a solid one for you guys at this point. I do not know much (aka anything) about real estate but what I have picked up on is that it's not a market that's in favor of the sellers, so from my stupid standpoint- go for it!

I still need to work on being on time. :)