We finally made it to the point where there were no tears with Santa. It's kind of bittersweet as I was really looking forward to that screaming, crying picture again this year. I don't want my kid to scream at daycare, but I'll gladly stick him in Santa's lap and let him scream away. Messed up, I know.
On the boys' wish list this year:
Brandon-a widdle piwwow pet like Preston, tractors, monster trucks, and a BIG BIG monster truck.
Russell-an elf, DS games, a charger for his DS, and a gingerbread house.
I think Santa can handle those wishes this year. And for the most part the boys have been good, so I see no reason why he won't deliver. I mean, I've only had to threaten to call Santa about 30-million times; I think 30-million plus one is the line between good and bad. Lucky for my kids they're at Grandma's until Christmas Eve, so we should slide by without having to be brought coal this year. :-)
I am excited about Christmas again this year, though not as excited as I have been in years past (passed?). Unfortunately I think I let the stress of work take away a good bit of my Christmas cheer, but I'm working hard to remedy that over the next two days. Tomorrow I get to hang out with my grandfather, and I'm sure there will be lots of activity at his house with everyone trying to get ready for the big Christmas Eve dinner. And then tomorrow evening starts the beginning of our Christmas festivities. We have Christmas dinner and presents with Ben's family, Santa comes tomorrow night so we'll have two VERY excited little boys on Christmas morning. Then comes church and Christmas festivities with each set of my grandparents. Eventually we'll get to do Christmas with my parents, but it's usually a few days after Christmas. I think one year we even did Christmas after the beginning of the New Year! So there will be plenty going on to get me in the right frame of mind and heart. I have no doubt that I again will be the first one awake at my house on Christmas morning; I am always itching to wake the boys up to see the look of excitement on their face when they see all of the presents under the tree. And lots of presents there will be. I mean, look at Brandon pointing out all of the toys he wants this year!
From our little Hill House to yours,
Merry Christmas
and a safe and Happy New Year!!!



3 comments:
The boys are so cute. I love their Christmas wishes! Very, very sweet!
ha, so cute. And totally not messed up to want them crying on Santa's lap- those pictures always make me crack up, so funny. Also... I remember my Parents threatening us by calling Santa- that was so scary and definitely had us shaping up super fast, well done. I hope you got some Christmas cheer- it's been a long time since I've felt that youthful utter zeal for Xmas so I feel you on that. And.. you are right with "past" :)
Just realized you already commented on my resolutions post! I'd did it last year if you wanna see what i did last year.
Post a Comment