Monday, October 3, 2011

Football Saturdays

I had to miss Russell's football game a week ago, but I was right on the sidelines this weekend.  This week Russell got to go out for the coin toss, which I think he thought was pretty cool.  He had had a great practice on Firday night, so I told him that if he played just as hard on Saturday, I would try to get an action shot of him and we could blow it up and hang it in his room.  Well of course he had one of his best hits ever (the last picture is the beginning of it) and good ole Mom here got so excited that my picture consists of about this much action and this much of the field. :-(  I guess we won't be hanging that one on the wall!  But I love the shot I was able to get of him squaring up to stop the guy.  And knowing the hit that he put on the other kid...Oh it just makes me proud. 
I could see the tears as soon as he stood up, but after much cheering, congratulations, his name announcement on the speaker, and his coach telling him that was the hardest hit he had seen all season, Russell was just fine and ready to go out there for more.  I saw more pep in his step the rest of that game than I have all season.  It was great.  I am so proud of him, and even though I get frustrated when he doesn't try his hardest, I hope he knows that Mom is so, so very proud.  I will unfortunately miss his game this coming weekend because of clinicals, but the deal is still on:  if Dad gets a great action shot, we will blow it up and hang it in his room.  And Dad better get a great action shot, because Mom wants to see and be told about all that happens during that game.
I have a few days off at the end of this week and already have a running list of projects in my head.  Ben will be out of town on one of my days off, so we'll just have to see how much I can get accomplished before he gets home.  New paint in one of the rooms?  Picture arrangements on a couple of walls?  Furniture rearrangement in Brandon's room?  Oh the possibilities are endless!! :-)

1 comment:

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

aww, they're so little to be in football! The big helmets are adorable. Good for him to stifling his tears (not in the name of "manning-up" or anything, i mean more so just being little and realizing you're okay), and continuing playing. I think the shot you got is pretty good- can you crop it??