Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Christmas in October

My conversation with Brandon this morning went a little something like this:

Me:  "Brandon, you need to go pick out some socks so we can go."

A few minutes later he returns with a pair of socks...

Me:  "You really probably shouldn't wear those."
Brandon:  "But I want to wear dem."
Me:  "Fine, just put them on so we can go please."
Brandon (as he sits down on the floor):  "Yay, I get to wear dem!"

Some things just aren't worth fighting over.  Especially with this kid who will stare you down in a heartbeat.  So here we are 5 days into October wearing Christmas socks.  Oh well.  Next time I'll specify to pick out white socks.

I will not mention that he's also wearing a shirt that's just about too small, his brother's underwear because I have a mound of laundry that's as tall as me to fold, and now red, green, and silver socks.  But hey, I made it to work on time...Silver lining to everything.

5 comments:

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

omg, why is he so cute!!!! I love that you wrote "'dem", I can literally hear it. I dont know who doesn't enjoy seeing kids who dress themselves, I mean really- the crazier the better!

rinniez said...

stumbled across this cuteness from caitlins blog.
i love the clothes kids pick themselves... if the little girl i nanny had her way she would be rapunzel everyday :)
xx

Deidre said...

Hey, I agree with brandon, socks are socks :)

Mary and Dyer said...

aww he is so cute! Love their little reasoning :) So sweet!! xox

I just became your newest follower! I would love for you to visit my blog & follow back if you'd like.

Also, check out my giveaway for a Missoni for Target hat! :)

Blessings,
Kat
www.maryanddyer.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

totally nothing wrong with getting in the christmas spirit a few months early! i am actually getting excited for it myself!

i have a pair of similiar socks to him and i sport them all the time :) have a great weekend <3