Friday, September 30, 2011

Can you see me now??

This is never a good sign...
I got this picture from Ben this afternoon...I guess this was my notification that he will be taking Russell hunting some time soon...Yeah, good luck with that!  Oh Russell will go, but I highly doubt there will be any hunting going on.  I give that kid 30 minutes before he says he's bored and wants to go do something else.  But that's fine with me.  Surely I can find someone to take the brat Brandon for a few days hours so that Mommy can have some peace and quiet do some studying. 

I survived clinicals (treading water on school work though!), and while it was definitely a new and interesting experience, it wasn't so bad that I don't want to do it again.  I guess that means it was a success.  There were so many things that I noticed that day, and while I wish I could share, obviously I can't.  But I will say that a dried, brown line down a resident's chin isn't necessarily blood.  More likely it's snuff. :-)  And if they don't like what you're feeding them for breakfast, they will spit it out.  Oh yes, and when a resident says they're talking to God, don't, for the love of God DON'T, tell them they'll see Him soon.  Because you will spend the next few minutes trying to get your foot out of your mouth.  Trust me on this one!!  But you know what, if that was the only bone-headed thing I did all day, I think I'll consider it a good day.  Next weekend could be a different story, but I'll cross that bridge once I tread water to it. 

Happy weekend and I hope you all enjoy!!

1 comment:

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

hahah omg, did you really tell someone they'd be meeting God soon? That's so funny, I'm sure you were just like "omg, why did I say that?!?!" Hilarious. I'm glad they went well otherwise!! You sound super-excited when you type about the experience! And that's funny that hunting is being pushed on him so fast! I would imagine that the waiting around involved alongside the actual hunt would put many kids off to the sport. That and watching Bambie!