Nothing of substance on my mind, just a bunch of stuff.
I start clinicals this weekend, and I'm both excited and scared to death about that. One thing that does suck is that in starting clinicals, I will for the first time ever miss one of Russell's football games. In fact, I'll miss 3 of his 6 games this year. That is one of the worst feelings in the world for me. :-( I've only ever missed one other game of his, and it was his last baseball game a couple of years ago when Ben and I went out of town. I hate the thought of missing even one of his games, but I hope he realizes that it is totally not by choice. And I still expect to hear about all the tackles and interceptions he makes!
Okay, that last sentence makes it seem like he is a rockstar, and maybe in my mind he is. Oh who am I kidding...I'll be the first to admit that my kid isn't the MVP, but I'm still as proud as could be when he does do something great or even pretty good. This past weekend he made a great tackle, and also assisted in another one earlier in the game. Heck, I was so excited that when I threw my arms up in celebration, I pinched something in my shoulder and had a twinge in my arm for the rest of the weekend! But, that's enough for me to say he played well and had a good game. And enough for me to be completely bummed that I will miss seeing him make another great tackle. But it is what it is; we deal with it and move on.
School has been going okay. I get kind of frustrated with this semester for various reasons, one of which is the fact that our teacher just kind of blows through the chapter highlighting what we need to know for the test. That's all well and good for my grade, but I wonder how much of the information I'm truly learning. I'm afraid to say it's probably not a lot. Don't get me wrong; I love that our would be 5 hour class is shortened to only 2 hours most days, but it still makes me wonder if this will come back to bite me later.
I really, really love my new camera lens. We got some awesome pictures at the football game, as well as some around the house. One day, when I decide to take the time to do it, I will post some pictures of Russell in action.
My mind is just spinning with so many different things that I want to change/do/become better at. I suppose I should make myself a To Do list and a Wish list, but then those lists get so long that they become intimidating and I scrap them altogether. One of these days I'll have the time and energy to begin checking items off my list...I hope!
Did I mention I start clinicals this weekend? I really can not wait! I'm still scared, and will probably not be able to sleep the night before, but I am so ready to jump into this and begin my hands on learning. I am determined to do well; I am determined to succeed. I'm not missing 3 football games for nothing dang it!! I'll be back to let you know I've survived!
2 comments:
Sounds like you have a LOT going on, momma! Prayers for you, I know everything is gonna be great.
omg, you're so cute! You're so worried about missing his games, awww (PS I love how you said you only missed one before and then can specifically tell us the circumstances around it). I must say, I always did sports and my parents there cheering me on at my games/meets was something that always made me feel really good about myself! He is a lucky boy.
'm with you on the shortened lectures, I was always so happy but then was a bit apprehensive like you.
Good luck with your Clinicals! I can see you're so busy but if you're busy now, you can be less busy later in life :)
Post a Comment