First off let me say that school is driving me C-R-A-Z-Y right now. In January I got a letter saying that by mid-February they would have made their decision on who was accepted into the nursing program...Well mid-February has come and gone and I still haven't heard anything. Surely they will notify me even if I did not get accepted. Right? It's driving me crazy! Every day I ask hesitantly if anything came in the mail for me, and as soon as the words are out of my mouth I have decided that I don't want to know. My fingernails are almost gone and I've developed a nervous twitch! Dear school, if you're reading this, please hurry and mail my letter. Whether I'm accepted or not, I NEED to know something!!! Please and thank you!
But on to what I really wanted to talk about: My little artist, Russell.
As far back as I can recall the child has loved art. He's ALWAYS drawing something or coloring something or wanting to paint something. He got the Achievement Award for Art in Kindergarten and has told us on many occasions that he wants to be an artist when he grows up. He even told Ben last week that it was probably better for him to be an artist instead of an astronaut, because if he was an astronaut the space shuttle might blow up. Valid point my child.
A few weeks ago I noticed a little bitty pottery place by our house, Pottery for Living, and decided to check out their website. They had advertised birthday parties and girls night out on their store front, so I was hoping they would have some kind of class or program that Russell could do. Sure enough they do offer a several week class, as well as "Try it Once" classes. Perfect! I took Russell on a Saturday morning and he decided he wanted to make a Welcome sign for his room. He picked out all the shapes he wanted to put on it, all the colors he wanted to paint with and away he went. I think he had fun and I know he's looking forward to doing another art activity. He even asked me while we were there if he could make something else! :-) We will definitely be visiting this place again, and letting my little artist explore more of his creative abilities. Next time I think he wants to try to mold the clay into a shape of some kind instead of just making a square plaque. He's excited about it, and I'm excited because I finally did something "cool" for him! I totally deserve a Cool Mom award for this one!





3 comments:
I didn't realize I was not following you!! ugh. everytime I pop over from a comment, I'm like "wow, how did I miss this post". LOL.
Hope you hear something from the school soon... did you? **fingers crossed**
No, still nothing yet. :( Hopefully soon. ?? The anticipation is killing me!
oh man! i am so not a patient person so i would be dying!! i hope you hear back soon, for your own sanity lol. and i love the plaque he made...so cool! i can't wait to see what the little dude does next!
Post a Comment