Friday, February 18, 2011

A Good Week

It's been a good week.  A busy week, but a good one.  This week started off with Valentine's Day on Monday, and while we did nothing spectacular, it was still a great day.  And for the first time ever, I made a "Ten Things I'm Happy for Today" list.

1) My beautiful roses from Ben (they smelled wonderful!)
2) My clean desk at work (I've been a working fool!)
3) Russell picking up his artwork (post to come, because I get a cool Mom award)
4) Brandon immediately saying "I wub you too" even though I haven't said "I love you" yet.
5) Hopefully doing well on my A & P test (I got a 99%!!!!)
6) Ben offering to make me dinner tonight
7) The Beautiful weather
8) Getting out of the house on time this AM (very rare for me!)
9) I did not lose my temper with anyone (also rare unfotunately)
10) A quiet night with Ben.

I know these things are nothing major, but they were things that made my day great.
Tuesday was a blah day in my book, but dinner with my girls was just the right thing.  I love my girlfriends and am so thankful to have them in my life!  They always know how to cheer me up.
Wednesday was again nothing special, but Thursday...Well Thursday was my birthday woohoo!  My phone was blowing up all day with texts, calls, and facebook messages.  There is nothing like a birthday to make a girl feel special and loved!  I had a few cupcakes leftover from my girls dinner and the boys enjoyed finishing those off.  Brandon especially!  
I feel like I have celebrated all week, and lucky for me the celebrations aren't over!!  Who cares if I was only born on one particular day; there are no rules as to how long you can celebrate!  Tonight it's dinner with great friends, Sunday it's dinner with the in-laws and next week my mom is making me her homemade lasagna which I have always loved, but haven't had much since I moved out.  I can't wait to eat it again!  Like I said, there is nothing like a birthday to make a girl feel loved.  Happy Friday and I hope you all enjoy your weekend as much as I plan on enjoying mine!

-Lindsey   

3 comments:

TracyZLesh @ Then I Got To Thinking said...

The roses are pretty! Flowers always make me happy, too. Your boys are so cute, I love he says he loves you too - it means you say it to him a lot :)

Mommara said...

So glad you had a great week. Loving this weather for sure. Umm, and that button over there -------> is cracking me up!

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Sounds like a really great week. Really like your blog. I have been reading over your posts and look forward to reading more!