Friday, October 15, 2010

WOW...

First off I must apologize for any ranting that might take place in this post by me.  My intention is to talk about Brandon, but it has been a stressful and frustrating few days to say the least.  So while my intention is to talk about Brandon, I can't promise anything because the anger is still here, fresh on the surface.  I'll try to spare you MOST of the details; Lord knows if you read my blog then I probably know you personally, so you've probably already seen or heard everything I have to say about the situation anyway.  And besides, this post is going to be about Brandon anyway.
I will just say that people AMAZE me.  Some people amaze me with their caring and generosity and genuine personalities...Others amaze me with their stupidity, lack of regard for one's personal property, and their overall stupidity.  What?  Did I say stupidity already?  Oh, I must've meant idiocy.  Or no, maybe I meant stupidity?  I'm not sure.  Maybe I'll look up the meaning of each word to determine if I meant that *some* people are stupid or if I meant that *some of these same* people are idiots.
"What is she talking about?" you ask?  Oh, well let me explain...Some stupid idiot (yep, I meant both words) threw a big ole rock through my car window Wednesday evening while my family and I were enjoying an evening boat ride on the lake.  No, my car wasn't at my house thank God; that would result in a whole other kind of mad that you don't EVEN want to know about.  No, my car was at the boat ramp because I went straight from work and met Ben there (he already had the boat in the water).  When we got back to the ramp I noticed that my car alarm went off when I hit the unlock button.  I thought it was odd, but my car has certainly done stranger things so I didn't think much more of it than that.  It was only when I saw my glove box open that I knew something wasn't right.  And then my eyes focused on the glass that was EVERYWHERE and the mess that had been made in my car.  Now mind you, I'm not one to keep a spotless car by any means, but I certainly don't leave shattered glass everywhere!  I was, um, livid.  Yeah, livid is kind of close to what I felt in those few minutes right after realizing my window had been busted out.  *And Dear God, I really do apologize for the things I had to say...I kind of lost my cool a little bit.* (You know it's bad when you call your mom and preface your conversation with "I'm going to cuss and you're going to have to deal with it. *Sorry Mom!*)
So anyway, it was dark, I had the boys with me and Ben still had to get the boat back to his parents house so I just decided to head home.  My purse was still in the trunk (where I never put it, but thank God I did that night) and nothing else seemed to be out of place...Well, nothing seemed to be stolen anyway; everything was "out of place".  Once we got home, it was time to inspect the damage...And that set off a whole 'nother round of ranting and raving that you don't even wanna know about.  The idiots that did this?  Yeah, they MISSED on their first throw and hit the frame of the car.  Um, DUH...You SUCK at breaking into cars if you miss a window that big!  They must've also had to get out of their car and retrieve the fallen rock, because they left a nice big door ding in the side of my car...Thank you for that.
But out of all this, guess what the kicker is.  I didn't realize it until the next morning, but do you know what they stole from me?  They took my school bag containing two math books and my notebook of notes, and they took my makeup bag.  My MAKEUP bag for crying out loud!  They did damage to my car and stole items from me that will be worth nothing to them.  Really guys/girls?  You did all of this for that?  Holy smokes, I would've helped you with your Math work; there was no need to steal my notes and books.  And if you had that big of a zit that you had to steal my makeup?  Well, I don't know what to tell you there.
So like I said, some people just absolutely amaze me.  And yes, the anger is still here and might be for a little while longer.  Each time I shut the door it rattles with the remains of my window, each time I walk past my poor car I see the two lovely dents left behind.  And when I just think about it in general, the anger and frustration comes back.  It could've been worse.  It could've been MUCH worse, and I am truly thankful that it wasn't.  But boy oh boy it just chaps my cheeks knowing that these idiots did this.
And to top it off, when I went to crank my car this morning after having the window fixed...Guess what...Dead battery from the guying having to keep the door open/key on in order to fix the window that those idiots busted out.  Lovely Friday morning huh?  I do laugh about it, because if I didn't I would cry and yell and well, that's not going to get me anywhere.  But man it sure does suck.

So now, on to Brandon...Oh wait, that will have to be for next time; I went into too many details.  Sorry!  But thanks for letting me vent and rant.  I'll have a more fun post next time, for sure!

No comments: