This little guy is something else. Entirely! He turned two back in August, and he has blown the doors off the terrible two’s. It was almost overnight that he developed a will and mind of his own. And if something you want him to do isn’t in his grand scheme of things…Well let’s just say that you’ll waive the white flag before he ever gives in to your wishes!
His favorite words right now are “No!” and “Bop it”. He loves being outside and fights tooth and nail to be able to get outside and play. There have been many of temper tantrums related to having to come inside or not being able to go outside, and all I can say is thank goodness he can’t reach the deadbolts yet. Those have been our saving grace in keeping him inside. In fact, he loves being outside so much that he even told me not to get him out of the car today, because he knew he had to go inside!
Brandon loves Russell, but there are days when I worry that one of them will not come out of it alive. And usually it’s Russell I’m worrying about! Brandon is such a bully, and since he’s been watching his big brother play football, his roughness has only gotten worse! I often wonder what the future will bring with those two. I’ve heard stories about brothers beating each other up, and if that happens at anyone’s house, it will surely be ours!
We recently converted Brandon’s crib to a daybed, and it’s gone okay. He started out doing great; going to bed with no problem, staying in his bed all night. But unfortunately now he’s started getting out of bed in the middle of the night and climbing in with us. Secretly I don’t mind because he’s such a good cuddler in those wee hours of morning, but I know this is not a habit that should be encouraged. Unfortunately I hate getting up and fighting with him to stay in his bed, so I give in to the easiness of just letting him sleep with us. I suppose soon enough I’ll have to do something about this…Just not tonight! :-)
Brandon talks so much that it’s unreal! And the way he strings words together to make sentences just amazes me. “Hab sum urs tahtart pees?”---“Can I have some of your poptart please?” It is so cute to hear the way he pronounces words and to listen to him put together a sentence the way you or I would. He will certainly carry on a conversation/argument with the best of them! Russell was the same way when it came to vocabulary, so there is at least one thing they have in common about the age of two! Sadly, I think that’s the only thing! Russell never gave us much trouble when he was two. He was pretty laid back and for the most part did what he was told. Not my littlest big man!
As far as “stats” go, Brandon is finally growing a little bit! He’s always been in the 50th percentile for everything, but at his two year check up he had finally jumped to the 75th percentile in height. Hopefully some of the Phillips height is in there and will continue to come out…No offense to the Hill height (or lack thereof!) though! :)
I must get off the computer now…I hear him hollering at his cars, and I must save them before he has his way with them!! Take care (and wish us luck with this little tyrant!!!)!
1 comment:
Oh man I do not envy you guys at all! The two's were not fun and i'm so looking forward to 3's! I hope they are better! Good luck!! At least he's adorable when he's saying it :-)
Post a Comment