Monday, July 30, 2018

Back to School

School starts back this week, and I am currently having a moment.  You see, I've just printed my first baby's HIGH SCHOOL SCHEDULE!  I'm not ready for that!  Obviously I've known the day was coming, but I did not realize just how soon it would get here! 
I was excited at first about the thought of him starting high school; I was pushing and encouraging him to try and do every club/activity/sport I always wished I had done.  But now, when we are just a few days away from actually being there, I just want to lock him up in the house and keep him at this age forever! 
Then there's the second baby; the one with a heart as good as gold but a temper as quick as his Mama's.  He is going into his last year of elementary school!  He's not supposed to be that big yet!!  How can the little boy who still sometimes will lay his head on my shoulder now be the top of the ladder in elementary school?!?  
Thank goodness Baby Girl won't start Pre-K this year.  She's BEYOND ready, but her birthday will keep her back one more year, and emotionally I am okay with that!  But that does make me realize that I will send her to Pre-K at the same time her older brother starts Middle School!  Lord, help me now! 

No comments: