Wednesday, September 2, 2015

11 Months...WOW

11 Months
Girlfriend, you have got to slow this mess down!!  I can't believe that it's already time to start planning your ONE YEAR birthday party!  Mind you, I've been thinking about it for a few months because I want it to be as perfect as you, but now I can really throw myself into it. 
Until then, let's talk about what you have been up to this last month:

*I'm willing to say that you've pretty much mastered walking and are now just running everywhere.  You are FAST and it doesn't take you any time at all to get into something you shouldn't be in! 

*You love going to the football field and playing on the field with Daddy.  You don't really have a choice since we are at the park 6 days a week, so I'm thankful that you love "throwing" the ball and hanging out with Dad.

*You give lovin's (hugs) now, both on your own and on demand.  Any time we give you a blankie or stuffed animal you immediately give it a hug, and you will give your brothers lovins any time they ask.  It absolutely warms my heart how sweet they are with you.

*You love getting into cabinets...Bathroom, kitchen, pantry.  If it has a door on it, you open it and start pulling stuff out!

*You can answer "what does a duck say" (video posted on instagram) and also recognize ducks whenever you see them.  And then you talk and talk to them ("ka ka" "ka ka")

*You have been moved to 1-yr old class at school for trying to climb out of your crib!  Being in this bigger classroom you now have to drink from a sippy cup and sleep ON A MAT!  I would've bet good money that you would never stay on the mat, but each day they tell me you are one of the first ones to sleep!  And with this transition you have been forced to like the sippy cup and thankfully don't throw it nearly as much as you did a month ago...Good job Sweet Girl!

*You've added a few new "words" and can now say shoes "dues", bite bite "buh buh", and yeah "da".  You amaze me with how much you understand, especially when you appropriately answer "da" to questions.  Remind me in a couple of years that at one point I thought it was cute to hear you say so much! :-)

*Even with all of the girly toys you have, you love playing with your bothers' cars, trucks, and football.

*You had to have tubes in your ears because of so many ear infections.  You were SUCH a trooper for the procedure, and no one would've ever guessed that you had just been under anesthesia!  You didn't cry, fuss, whine, or anything!  And when I asked if you wanted to finally eat and go get pancakes, you correctly responded "Da".

Planning your first birthday party is bittersweet.  It means you are well and thriving, but on the otherhand it is a reminder of just how quickly the time has passed.  I know it's inevitable, but that doesn't make it any easier!  But what do you do, right?  You plan the best Addi Bug party you can, and enjoy every minute of it!!

Happy Eleven Months my Bug.  We love you!!

1 comment:

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

Reading this just makes my heart happy- so sweet. I can only imagine her reading this when she's older and hearing all the love and kindness in your voice about all the little things she does. So, so cute!! She is an absolute doll. I loved the pics on Insta of her at the field with her daddy, she's so teeny next to him!! Enjoy this last month of her still being south of 1 :) It certainly seems to suit her well.