Monday, June 22, 2015

8 Months (a few weeks late)

Oh My Girl, you are growing by leaps and bounds.  I wish I could put into words just how happy you make me.  Ya know, except for this growing so fast thing you’re doing.  That doesn’t make me happy.

You are now 8.5 months (because Mommy is a slacker and can never seem to do anything on time!) and there is a lot to update. 
You are right around 17.5 lbs, and I think both of your cousins now officially outweigh you, even though you are the oldest of the three.  I don't know your exact length, but I would guess you're maybe around 28 inches or so.

You LOVE to eat and have started being able to feed yourself certain things.  You love your puffs and anything “solid” that you can pick up with your fingers (puffs, cheese, blueberries, peas, etc).  But if it has any “smushiness” to it, you’d rather someone feed that to you (avocado, banana, macaroni).  We managed to cut out that last nighttime feeding, but it doesn’t seem to bother you at all.  You still get four bottles, three food meals, and now an afternoon snack. And anything in between that people decide to feed you! J  You are also trying to figure out a sippy cup, but haven’t quite gotten that down yet.  At this point you’d rather just chew on the cup than drink from it. 
You have figured out your little schedule and I actually like it.  You consistently wake up around 6am to eat, and usually will go back to sleep for about an hour.  After that you are up for the morning and want to be moving.  At home you take two good naps, but if we are out and about you are thankfully very good about just napping in the car and still manage to be in a pretty good mood!  But by 8:30pm, if you are not sound asleep in your bed, you are letting us know you’re not happy! J 
You are all over the place and into everything.  Anything you pick up goes straight to your mouth (sand, Legos, paper, leaves, an ANT!) so we have to keep a very close eye on you.  You are starting to try to walk along the couches and things, but aren’t quite sure of yourself yet.  However, you will let go and stand for about 5-10 seconds before gracefully squatting down and crawling away. 

Some call you “observant”, while I call you just plain NOSEY!  You are so curious of everything and want to see what anyone and everyone is doing. 
You wave bye bye, but not in the typical baby way of waving your hand at yourself.  Oh no, you full on flap your whole arm with every bit of enthusiasm in your little body.  And then you clap because everyone says “Yay!”  It is so very precious and I love seeing you with that sweet excitement.

A couple of other sweet things I’ve noticed lately is that you will reach your arms straight out in front of you, and I have learned that’s how you say you want a kiss.  You reach out to me, and when I’m close enough you will grab my face with those tiny hands and give me the biggest, sloppiest kiss ever.  It melts my heart every single time.  You also will roll your hands together if you want to play patty cake (pat-a-cake), and you are trying to start playing peek-a-boo.  If you ever get a small blankie in your hands, it is ON!

This was kind of random and off the wall, but you also pee-peed on the potty for the first time on 6.2.15!!!!  You woke up, ate, and when I went to change your diaper I noticed it was still dry.  So we ran fast, fast, fast to the potty where I plopped you down, and a few seconds later you pee-peed!  Now I must say that will be one thing that I will be glad you learn to do!
You are just so smart, and such a sweet baby girl.  We love you more than you will ever, ever know Sweet Girl!

1 comment:

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

ha, she ate an ant?! So funny.

I like the term 'observant' as I've seen many babies with that wondrous look in their eye as they take in the world around them.

She is so very precious.