Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Two Months Old

I said it last month, and I'm saying it again:  I can't believe my girl is two months old already!!

2 months
1 month
1 week
She is changing so much every day, and her little personality is shining through more and more.  At her one month check up she weight 9 lbs 8 oz, and I know she's gained at least one pound since then.  I had to take her for a sick visit (just a cold thankfully) recently and she weighed over 10 lbs at it!  Girl likes to eat and she makes sure she doesn't miss a meal! 
I had to return to work at the beginning of the month, so Baby Girl is in daycare 3 days a week.  Fortunately my work is allowing me to work partial days as well as one day from home, so I'm able to spend a good bit of time with Addi even though I'm back to work.  At the end of my first day back to work I rushed to daycare to pick her up, and this was the smile I got when we got in the car. :-)

She has celebrated her first Halloween and her first Thanksgiving since my last post.  Brandon and Russell had a great time showing off and trick-or-treating with their little princess Snow White.  And this Halloween taught me that I really need to become familiar with my princesses, because I couldn't remember if she was Snow White or Sleeping Beauty!!  Oops!


 
My girl was wonderful on Thanksgiving and had a great time being held by all of the family members.  She ended up sleeping most of the day, but I'm not surprised considering she was rarely not in someone's arms!  This is one loved and blessed little girl!

Addi has such a calm personality so far.  She rarely cries, usually only when she's hungry.  She is doing great at daycare and I love her teachers.  They are so calm and soothing with her, but there is still enough noise in the class that she doesn't get too used to the quiet. :-)  She still eats every 3-4 hours during the day, and has done a few 8-9 hour stretches at night.  Unfortunately those stretches have been from 7p-4a, but it gives me hope that she's getting there and will be sleeping through the night soon.  At least I hope so because these mid-morning feedings and then having to go to work are wearing me down!  On a "regular" day she wakes up between 2am and 3am to eat, after having dinner at 9pm.
She has started to really smile and coo a lot lately also.  She gives the biggest smiles when she wants, but usually we get a little one-sided grin that her teachers have dubbed the "Elvis smile".  I absolutely love "talking" with her and try to catch every little coo I hear.  I'm sure I sound quite silly to Ben and the boys, but I don't care; Addi and I have some great "conversations"!
 

We still have her in our room for now; I don't want to move her to her crib until she's consistently sleeping through the night.  And even then I might not move her because I like having my girl close. :-)  At two months Addison enjoys sitting in her swing and watching the little mobile spin.  She still loves watching TV and many times has snuggled with her brothers to watch Power Rangers or Ninja Turtles.  She is always moving and wiggling; I get so tickled watching her "run".  You can just see the excitement in her little face when she gets to kicking her legs and swinging her arms.  She is also very strong and able to hold her head up really well.  We don't do tummy time as often as we should, but you would never know because of how well she holds her little head up.  I've also noticed her trying to "sit up" when she's in a reclined position.  I don't know where she's trying to go, but she is a Nosey Nelly so I guess she's just trying to get close to the action!
She still is eating like a champ (just check out those cheeks!), but I have found that she is sensitive to dairy so I've cut that out of my diet.  I think she's also sensitive to something I ate over Thanksgiving, but I ate so many "out of the norm" foods that I'm not quite sure what it might be.  I'm back to my regular foods now and am hoping that her little tummy settles down soon.  Until then, Girl can clear out a room with her dirty diapers!!!
This little girl really has been such a joy and blessing in just her two short months.  We are so very thankful that God saw fit to bless us with her!! 



4 comments:

Billie Jo said...

She is ADORABLE!!!
Oh, I am loving these posts about your precious baby girl, my friend.
The Halloween costume. The Thanksgiving dress. How much fun are you having?!?
How blessed she is to have those awesome big brothers as well?
And you keep her in your room as long as you want. Flynn is five. And she is still in our room. Shhhhhh. ; )

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

Wow! Her eyes are so, so pretty! Truly the first thing I noticed.

I just think it's so precious you have a third and she's a little girl. What a wonderful treat after your two cute boys. Cracking up that you couldn't remember which Princess.

No doubt she is loved!!

Lux G. said...

She is so adorable, Lindsey. OMG you are so blessed!

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

I was just perusing your blog again and the last picture on this post is just perfection.