Monday, April 28, 2014

Baby Girl Updates

I am now 18 weeks 3 days, and here's the rundown:
 
Weight Gain: 4-5 lbs I think, but maybe a little more.
Baby (according to app): 5.6 inches and 6.7 oz
Gender: GIRL!!  I have gotten used to the idea now and have the nursery almost finished, so if little boy parts decide to grow…Well that baby would have a feminine nursery.
Showing: More and more.  People say they still can’t tell, but I really don’t see how they are missing it.
Movement: A little bit each day starting around 16 and ½ weeks.  Today the little thumps were just strong enough that I could actually feel them with my hand rather than just in my belly.  I LOVE IT!!
Energy: Comes and goes still. Some days are really good and I’ll have the energy to paint a nursery, for example.  And then there are days like today where it’s taking everything I can to keep my eyes open at my desk, and I’ve actually even dozed off!
Sleep: Still pretty good, but I have noticed that it’s becoming hard to sleep on my stomach.  I had not had trouble with that until the last 1-2 weeks and now Baby Girl lets me know she doesn’t like it! 
Mood: All over the place; no change there. “Poor Ben” is all I have to say.  And Thank God that Ben has been so patient with me.  It really does take a special person to put up with the likes of me as it is…Throw in pregnant and no meds…YIKES!
 
Cravings: All over the place and very specific! Baby Girl definitely has a mind of her own and when it is made up, it is made up (wonder where she gets that from!).  The odd craving lately was a bagel of any kind and French vanilla coffee for breakfast, and then a spinach and strawberry salad with raspberry vinaigrette dressing for lunch.  And I can count on one hand the number of times I’ve ever eaten a salad like that!   
Things I Miss: A chipotle burrito bowl.  She is not a fan of Chipotle right now.
I miss a good glass of wine.  And Ben works for a wine distributor, so the bottles he sometimes gets to bring home are just sitting around taunting me. 
I miss a “stable” mood; pregnancy hormones are for the birds. 

I did have a check-up a couple weeks ago and everything appears to be fine.  Her heartrate was in the 150's and sounded beautiful.  I go for the big ultrasound in another couple weeks and can't wait for that one.  It will confirm that she is still a girl, and that all my work on a "girl" nursery has paid off. :-)  I have just a couple more "big" things for the nursery, and then it will be down to accessories.  It's coming together so nicely, and I am very proud of how it is turning out.     



1 comment:

Billie Jo said...

So happy and excited for you, my friend!
And am so enjoying reading about your little lady. : )
Enjoy!