Wednesday, March 26, 2014

He Makes me Proud

There are days when I get things like this from my oldest child:...
The envelope of my Valentine's Day card from Russell...It had been a loooong few days...
...And I wonder how in the world I have not pulled my hair out quite yet.

Then there are days that I get messages like this about my oldest child:...

"Good morning,
                I just wanted to let you know that Russell Hill is a wonderful helping eagle!    During our phonics lessons one of my little friends who really struggled with sight words (until Russell started working with him)  aced his timed test on sight words!    We were all so proud of him!  But what really touched my heart was that Russell came over and congratulated him and told him what a great job he had done and how proud he was.    I really appreciate Russell’s dedication and his willingness to help our little friends."

...And my heart swells with a pride that is like no other.
 

Russell,
You make us more proud than I can ever tell you.  The compassion you show for others and the care and concern you have for them is remarkable.  I will be the first to admit that you can be quite a twerp, but don't you ever doubt for even a second how proud I am of you.  I love you, Buddy!

Love,
Mom    

1 comment:

Billie Jo said...

Proud ...and well deserved...Mommy moment!
And what an awesome teacher to share that with you!
Hope all is well. : )