I jinxed myself in the last post by saying I had been feeling pretty good. Because last week, that all changed.
Ben and I went out last Friday after I got off work (from a 12 hour urgent care shift, but sure, let's go out Babe...I'm not tired or anything!) to celebrate a friend's birthday. I was sitting at the table just observing, because you know, babies can't tolerate wine just yet, and I noticed that I wasn't feeling so great. I just kind of thought it was because I hadn't eaten in a few hours, so I told Ben I needed to go home and go to bed. I'd feel all better after some sleep for sure.
Well I was for sure WRONG! I laid on the couch ALL. DAY. LONG. the next day. Just the thought of putting any food in my mouth made me want to puke, and moving around was just as bad. Knowing that I needed to eat something, I managed to choke down dry fruit loops and a sprite for breakfast, some McDonald's French fries and a sweet tea for lunch, and Lime Tostito's chips and water for dinner. And this is how it was ALL DAY, ALL WEEK! On Monday I sent Ben a picture of a jar of pickles beside a Coke...because that was the only thing that sounded appealing to me and didn't make me feel like I was going to lose it...Ben said he was going to lose it for me. :-)
I have decided that all of this means that Little Bug is going to be just as picky as the boys, because there are so many things right now that just make me feel sick to even think about. I'm taking that as my sign that this one will have the same eating habits as the rest of my household. BUT, what everyone else is interpreting it as is that I'm going to have a girl. Why they say these things, I do not know.
I am feeling better now, but I'm attributing it to buying the compression bands for motion sickness. I got them on Wednesday and have noticed a pretty good difference. I still have a good bit of nausea, but it doesn't keep me down like it did earlier in the week.
I'm 7 weeks, 2 days today and am hoping for a good week. Especially because in my mind I have a LOT of stuff to start working on to get ready for Little Bug's arrival. Yes, it's 8.5 months away, but it will be here before we know it. My projects include:
*painting/redecorating/reorganizing the nursery
*making a baby blanket--I just really want the baby to have something from me
*going through the old baby clothes and sorting out what is gender neutral or that I really like for a boy
I doesn't look like too much on paper, but it's overwhelming me already! We'll see how it goes!
*The nickname Little Bug came this week when Ben told me I should go to the doctor to make sure it was just the baby and not a "bug" making me sick. But it is a bug making me sick, and that BUG's name (for now) is Baby. So "Little Bug" stuck for me, and will be what the baby will be called.
No comments:
Post a Comment