Saturday, January 25, 2014

Baby #3

It was with no great grandeur that I told Ben our little family was growing.  If anything, this time was the least exciting of them all!
I was two days late, so I decided to take a home pregnancy test to see what was going on.  It was in the evening after work, and the line was so very faint that I thought I was tricking myself into seeing it.  So I decided that I would take another test the next morning because everything online says that the first urine of the morning has the highest levels of hcg. 
The next morning's test did show another line that was just slightly darker than the night before, but it was still SO faint.  I decided to send a picture of it to Kacey to see if she could see it...And she confirmed that she thought she saw what I saw!!

I didn't mention it to Ben until an hour or two later, and all I said to him was "So, I think I might be pregnant again..."  His response, because he's so great with words, was "Well don't take a test; just see what happens."  I told him I had already taken a test.  So he says, "Well don't say anything in case something falls out.  Like your period."  He's so supportive. :-)
But he did give me a big hug, tell me congratulations and that he was happy for us.  It was a great start to the day.
A few days later I decided to take another test, and this one was instantly positive without a doubt.  I took a picture of it and sent it to Kacey again, and then showed Ben.  This time his response was, "Well didn't we kind of know that from you not having a period?"  Ugh, he just doesn't understand what it's like to be a girl who is hoping to get pregnant.  We just gotta KNOW for sure.

I'm 5 weeks, 1 day pregnant and feeling pretty good.  We told the boys last night and got less of a reaction from them than I got from Ben.  Brandon said that he hopes it's a boy, and Russell says that he just wants someone to play with besides Brandon, so he doesn't care what it is.  And Ben has his money set on a girl.
 
I've only had a day or two of feeling kind of yucky, but I do notice that I'm tired pretty early in the evening.  I think I've been in bed before 10:00 just about every night since I found out I'm pregnant, which is HUGE for the girl who is always up til almost midnight!  Other than that, I am feeling good and can't complain at all.  I hope this continues!!   

2 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Yay!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!

So happy to hear from you here...
Hugs!

Christina McGuire said...

Congrats!!!! :) Very exciting! Wishing you a happy and very healthy pregnancy .