Friday, April 5, 2013

Well Hello

It has been entirely too long, and so much has been going on lately that I’m sure I will wish I had written down so that I remembered it.  But not enough hours in the day is the story of my life right now, so it just is what it is.
************************************************
I can’t believe it’s already April!  And that we’re already almost through the first week of April!  This year is flying by, and while part of me wants to complain and scream “Slow DOWN!”, the other part of me is counting down the days until May 7th when I will officially be done with the LPN portion of school.  Which brings me to say that yesterday morning I submitted my application to yet another school in order to do the LPN to RN Bridge program!!  I’ve known I wanted to keep going, but I had no intentions of turning in an application until I got on the computer yesterday and just did it.  And then I sent Ben a text and told him what I had just done.  I just know that if I don’t start back immediately, I will become content in what I’m doing and never further myself.  So another 2 years of school, Here I Come!
************************************************
Ben’s Gran just got out of the hospital this week and is home on Hospice.  She’s doing well considering that just over one week ago I was taking the boys to see her for what I thought would be the final time.  This is the Granny that my boys know and love as “the Granny that buys me stuff” because she is always going with them to Walmart to buy something.  Even Wednesday night, just 24 hours out of the hospital, she was asking me what the boys needed and when I told her “Nothing”, she then wanted to know what they wanted.  Hello Gran, why don’t you just get a little better first and we’ll go from there.  The boys have been so sweet with her, and have provided some much needed laughter during these past couple of weeks.  Granted it was shocked laughter, but laughter none the less.  When Ben told Russell how sick Granny was, the first thing Russell wanted to know was “Who’s going to get all her money?  I bet it’s me and Grandma.”  And what could I say?  That’s what he’s used to is Granny giving him money or buying him things.  And then Brandon…Oh Brandon.  I picked him up to give her a kiss on that day she was so sick, and I had already told the boys that we weren’t sure how long Granny was going to live and that she wanted to see them.  So I picked him up to give her that kiss and he says “I’m sorry you’re going to die soon.”  She said “WHAT?!”, and Gaye responded “He said he’s sorry you feel bad.”  Brandon said, “Nuh uh, I said I’m sorry you’re going to die soon!”  Oh my Lord!!!!!!  We all couldn’t help but laugh, and I certainly couldn’t get on to him because that’s what we all were thinking.  I guess she has proven all of us wrong so far though!  We’re spending the week with Ben’s parents to try to help out, and the boys are getting much needed quality time with Granny.  Brandon’s even helping pluck her whiskers!!!!  Gran is eating up the attention from “her boys”, and hopefully we are a little bit of stress relief for Ben’s mom.
  
************************************************
Pawpaw’s birthday would have been on Tuesday.  He would have turned 77.  The whole family went to the cemetery and released balloons to go up to him and wished him a happy birthday.  That sucked.  I don’t want to go to the cemetery to wish him happy birthday.  I want to walk into his house and give him a kiss to wish him happy birthday.  I tell you, this growing and up getting older stuff is for the birds. 
************************************************
It’s supposed to be beautiful this weekend and since I don’t have clinicals I plan to park myself on a boat in the middle of the lake.  I hope you all enjoy your weekend too!!!

2 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Hi Lindsey!!! So nice to see you...Prayers for your Granny and for your family...and you are right...this getting older stuff is for the birds!

Suddenly we are taking care of those who one day cared for us...it is hard to see those who were once so alive and young and strong age and become vulnerable and fragile...I am seeing it with my parents now.

On a lighter note...have a nice spring weekend with those darling boys of yours!

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

Blogging takes so much time- it's really hard to keep up with it sometimes!

Congrats on almost being done and applying for the next chapter! That must feel great to be that much closer!

And oh my, there's really no better way to say it other than "Kids say the darndest things"- so darling and precious. I'm sure those comments gave everyone some much needed laughs! Despite that, I'm sorry you are going through that, always rough and sad. I hate these chapters of life :( I'm sure it was hard but I'm sure your Grandpa enjoyed his birthday balloons :)

I hope you got to enjoy the sun and had a great weekend, Lady!