Thursday, September 6, 2012

That Time You Peed on Your Brother

Dear Russell,
 
I have a very funny story to tell you.  It involves you, your brother, you sleep walking, and you going to the bathroom.
On this particular night, I heard your brother crying out for me, so I went to check on him to see what was wrong.  At this particular time, the two of you informally shared a room and I say informally because Brandon didn’t actually have a bed in there; he slept on a pallet on your floor.  So I go check on him to see what’s wrong, but he must have just been cold because I covered him up and all was fine.
A few minutes later I heard something bang in your room.  Since Brandon still had his cast on I assumed that was the noise and didn’t think too much of it, but figured I should check on him anyway.  Well it actually wasn’t him that made the noise.  It was you.  You had walked (sleep-walked) into your closet door.  So I ask you what you’re doing and tell you to get back in the bed.  You mumbled something (that’s how I knew you weren’t awake) and stepped over Brandon and got back in your bed.  I got you all tucked back in, snug as a bug in a rug, and when I turned to leave your room I saw it…
 
You had walked to your closet thinking it was the bathroom, and had PEED ON YOUR BROTHER!!!!  And he SLEPT THROUGH IT!  I couldn’t believe it.  And I couldn’t help but laugh because neither one of you had any idea what was going on nor that this had just happened!!! 
 
I have to say this is one of the grossest, yet funniest, things I’ve had to deal with as Mommy.  I know you probably won’t even remember me telling you about it, which is why it is now shared on this little blog about you and your brother.  Hope it brings you a laugh!  I love you, Buddy.
 
Love,
Mommy
 
 

3 comments:

Billie Jo said...

Too funny, Lindsey!! So glad you wrote this all down because they will never believe it when they are older! Have a great day... : )

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

um LOL!!!! That is seriously hilarious. What a story!! It's kind of awesome this happened because they can carry it with them forever as one of "those" stories. hahah, thank you for sharing! PS sleep walking is so bizarre!

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

Loved your very polite way of saying you hate the skull, haha! :)