I do not feel like he should be 4 already. It doesn’t seem like it’s been that long. And maybe it’s partly because there’s not another baby on the way like I have always kind of thought there would be, so surely it’s not time for him to be 4 yet right? Either way, for whatever reason, it does not seem like he should be 4.
The transition from 3 to 4 has been fun, despite the complaining I may do about how my child acts so much like me. (Yes, I am very well aware that I am “paying for my raising” with this kid.) In this past year Brandon has:
*transitioned from sleeping in our bed to now sleeping in his brother’s bed.
*started at and grown to love his new daycare turned Pre-K.
*learned to ride a bike with no training wheels. He’s even starting to try to pop wheelies now too!
*made a couple of trips to the beach, and has loved each one of them.
*become much more independent and has shown that he loves being a big boy.
*survived his first (and hopefully last!) broken bone.
There have been trying times, and fun times, and even some times that have made me cry. But even with it all, I would not trade it for the world. I am so thankful that God chose me as Brandon’s mommy and I pray that I do a good job with this little blessing I’ve been given.
Happy Birthday Buddy! We love you so very, very much!
Love,
Love,
Mommy, Daddy, and Russell
![]() |
| Morning muffins with Mommy |
![]() |
| Cupcakes with Daddy and Russell |





2 comments:
Happy, happy, happy birthday to your little one Lindsey! Looks like he had a special day! I love the morning muffins with mommy... and I don't feel like one of mine should be be 16 soon! Yikes! Have a great day!
aw, so cute. As you know, I'm not a Mom but in all my years of helping with my little Brother to Babysitting to working at a daycare- I fell in love with ages 2-4. I love almost everything about that development period and I think it's so special to watch!
You are lucky to share your lives together! And it's kind of cool he is just like you- if nothing else, it must give you a deeper understanding of your own parents and how they dealt with the unique qualities you brought to the table.
Happy Birthday to your Mister Man! You have some lucky Sons!
Post a Comment