Want to help raise money for the Ronald McDonald house? See how you can HERE!
I'm realizing that with my youngest child, I have to take a whole different parenting approach than I did with Russell. Which makes sense considering they are two completely different children, with completely different personalities. But still, you get into the routine of things just working a certain way, and when it doesn't work that way the next time around it kind of turns things upside down. At least for me. Recently, while reading my Maternity & Pediatric book, it dawned on me that I made need to tweak my parenting tactics with my second born. With Russell I was always able to tell him to do something and for the most part he would do it and that was that. I never really had to bargain or argue or threaten. I'd maybe have to repeat myself because of his selective hearing, but that was about the extent of it.
But with Brandon ...Well Brandon has a list of excuses a mile long about why he can't or doesn't have to or shouldn't do something. Some of my favorites are:
"But it's too heavy for my hands!"
"But I can't carry it all!"
"But I scared of the monster!"
"But I can't!"
"But I can't!"
"But I don't like it!"
"But it hurts my hands!"
"But it hurts my hands!"
2 comments:
Love this as I was definitely taught this tactic at the daycare. It really does help with the willful child- ESP when it comes to wardrobe. When my scared little bro had to watch our sobbing cousin for an afternoon, I taught him this trick to get him through the day.
love this! i'm keeping this in my files in my mind for future
Post a Comment