Happy birthday to me! Happy birthday to me! Happy birthday dear Lindsey....Happy Birthday to Me!!!
Typically I don't draw attention to myself, but today I am making an exception. I actually dressed up for work (compared to my usual jeans and t-shirt), I am hosting my own birthday get together, and I'm "singing" happy birthday to myself on this little blog. All because it's my birthday. But I'm definitely feeling another year older!! I'm having hot flashes this morning, I have a crick in my neck, and my back hurts...Definitely feeling closer to 30 today than I did yesterday. :-)
Oh well...How about a little 5 Question Friday??
1. What do you do when you are really upset to calm yourself down?
**When I'm really mad, I cry. And that makes me even madder, so I try to remember to pray. To ask for help controlling my emotions and to be a better example. Some days I'm better at this than others.
2. Do you go all out for V-day or is it just another day?
**For us, Valentine's Day is pretty much just another day. Every now and then Ben will buy me flowers, but they also serve as my birthday flowers as well. We never go out to dinner, but we will sometimes do a nice steak dinner at home. Other than that, it's just another day.
3. Are you more or less productive when Hubs is away?
**It depends on how you look at it. When Ben is away is when I have a chance to clean the way I want to clean. I can take everything out of a cabinet or off the shelves and organize it and straighten it all up. If he's home, it's more of a "just put it in its general area and be done with it". So I may not get the entire house clean while he's gone, but what I do get done is done very meticulously.
4. What is your favorite time of day and why?
**I am an afternoon person. Especially if the weather is nice. I love being out in the sunshine and the afternoons are the perfect time to get out for a run. I can't stand mornings because I hate having to get up, and I can't stand nighttime because it means I have to go to bed so that I can try to wake up, but I don't like going to bed either. Makes a lot of sense, huh?
5. What is your go to karaoke song?
**Well, I don't do karaoke so I don't have a song. But if I did do karaoke there are a few options. "I Will Survive" and "Don't Stop Believing" are at the top of the list. I love those songs and if they are ever on the radio...Well just know that I'm turning it WAY up and will not be talking to you until after it's over.
Happy Friday to you all, and Happy Birthday to me! :)
1 comment:
sorry, i wasn't on blogger for about 5 days so i'm delayed but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope you had a wonderful birthday!!! I'm glad you were excited and pumping yourself up here.
Your favorite time of day answer made me crack up. hahah. I hate waking up too but love when I actually feel rested and get up early... which is never.... (the feeling rested part).
Your Valentine's Day plans sound right up my alley!
Again, I hope you had a wonderful day.
Post a Comment