At some ridiculous hour this morning, Brandon had the nerve to tell me to "Move Over". I'm sorry to break this to you sweet child of mine, but this is MY BED, so maybe you should Move Over. Or you know, go back to your own bed!! Which is exactly what I told him. I don't know who he thinks he is, but I will not be told to "move over" when I'm already holding onto the side of my bed for dear life. I mean really.School started back this week, and after four weeks off it is very evident that I am out of the swing of the school routine. Clinicals start tomorrow and I'm nervous because this round will be at the big hospital. The nursing home feels like a breeze when I think about what we could and probably will encounter at the hospital. But on the other hand I'm really excited about jumping into it all. I hope that I can push my fears out of the way long enough to be able to say "Show me how to do that." or "I know how to do that; would you mind if I did it?" That's big talk coming from my place at this keyboard, but I really do hope to be able to do that this weekend and every weekend at clinicals. How else am I going to learn??
<---This has been our thing for the week. Last Friday I asked Ben to take Brandon to the doctor because things just seemed off. He had had a nasty cough all week, and even though by the end of the week the cough didn't sound as bad, Brandon was just not acting like himself. Sure enough, double ear infection and the need to do breathing treatments three times a day. The nurse didn't diagnose anything (at least not that Ben could tell me! Ugh!), but she made the comment that it's a good thing we came in when we did. So we've been doing treatments and looking like a dragon 2-3 times a day. Thank goodness all is better now; just a few more doses of antibiotics and we'll have hopefully knocked this one out. Now I just hope Russell's sore throat doesn't turn into anything else, because he's starting to have the same type cough that we heard a week or so ago. Oh I just love germs!I stayed with Pops last Saturday and I swear he gave me a hug. He also may have been trying to sit down, and was just holding on to me, but I'm going to say that he was giving me a hug. Especially when I saw him give my grandmother a hug and a kiss the very next day. It was so sweet and I was so glad to see that he was "there" at least a little bit. And it confirmed that it was a hug I had been given the day before.
I did okay last week with cooking. We had tacos one night, ham steak with scallop potatoes one night, and Ben did steaks one night. This week...Well let's just say there is the exact amount of food in our pantry this week as there was last week, minus a little bit of cereal. Not so great this week.
The boys are having a boys' weekend starting with Monster Trucks tomorrow night. Since I won't be home from clinicals before they needed to leave, I just told them to have at it and I'll go home and study in the peace and quiet of my empty house. I
I ordered a little photo book of our 2011; it's supposed to arrive next week. It was fun going back and looking through all of the pictures I had taken, but it did teach me one thing...I need to be more selective about the pictures I take/keep! It took me HOURS to go through each month's pictures and to select the ones I wanted to keep. So my goal for 2012 is to be a little more selective in the pictures I take and keep. I know my kids are cute, but dang! I don't need 16 pictures of each of them eating an ice cream cone! So that's being added to my list of goals for 2012: Take more pictures, but know it's okay to delete the ones that aren't so great.
My goodness, I didn't realize this would turn into such a long post. My apologies for drying your eyes out with all this nonsense! Happy Friday the 13th!!!!
4 comments:
hahaha - too funny. My kids won't get out of our bed either. We have king size bed for the 4 of us and some days I just want to push the off but they keep coming back...I know, one of these days I need to re-train them to sleep in their own beds!
Have a great weekend!
Oh my gosh, my little guy does that too. He doesn't tell me to "move over" so much with words as he does with his feet in my face.
Are you in nursing school?? Me too! Good luck starting at the hospital, it's so much fun!
Good luck at clinicals over the weekend!
Hope the kiddies feel better soon. Germs are nasty little things.
Good luck at your clinicals, I'm sure you will do great!!
That is really funny about him overtaking your bed. I used to love being in my parents' bed when I was little, always felt so safe and so warm. It was the best. I hope the antibiotics go over okay! Sounds like that's the last thing you need!
Post a Comment