Wednesday, November 16, 2011

2011 Ride for Will

Getting registered and ready to ride
We could not have asked for a better weekend for the 5th Annual Ride for Will.  It was a beautiful, crisp fall morning that warmed into a pleasant fall afternoon.  There was not a cloud in sight and everyone was in good spirits.  I have yet to hear a final count on the number of motorcycles and cars, but I think this was our largest crowd of motorcycles ever.  Our police escorts were great, and did an awesome job leading the way for us.  And they were good sports beforehand, even though they wouldn't let me take a picture of them holding a box of Dunkin Donuts.  They said they were not portraying themselves in that cliché. :-)  But they did enjoy the coffee and chicken biscuits that were offered, and I can't say I blame them...No one can pass up a chicken biscuit!
All the motorcycles in front of us


All the motorcycles behind us
We had friends, friends of friends, family members, and even a celebrity at this year's ride.  And I got my picture taken with him.  As did half the other people on the ride, but they don't count. :-) 
Me and Javier Lopez, former catcher of the Atlanta Braves
Talk about Eye Candy!  And so super nice.  I don't know if he could've been any more personable!
The ride was uneventful, which is always a good thing.  In the past we've had a motorcycle wreck on the way, the entire group get lost, cars almost get hit going through the intersections...But this year was uneventful, with the exception of my cousin breaking his ankle. :-(  But that was at the end of the ride when we had already gotten to our destination, so that's a change from the past.  It truly was a great day.
 
After the activities of the ride were over, Ben and I, and my sister and her friend (boyfriend?) stayed in Helen to watch the GA v. Auburn game.  Can I just say GOOOOO DAWGS!!!!  What a game!  Talk about stompin' a team!!  Let's just hope they can keep it up the rest of the season...We need a good end to the season to hopefully overshadow how we started out!
There were so many pictures from the weekend that it was hard to choose which ones to post, but I have put a few more of our ride below.  Can't wait till the next trip!

My Sister-Her first time with a do-rag. :-)

Ben and I

Heading out...This part always scares me.

My view for the trip

For some reason I just love shadow pics of us on the bike.

1 comment:

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

This looks so fun!!! And despite the lack of rain, this looks eerily similar to the Pacific Northwest. Motorcylces scare me so I don't know that I could ride on one again unless I was driving (I hate clinging to the driver!). And eye candy indeed. Looks like a beautiful day and event! And I like shadow pictures too.