Friday, October 21, 2011

5QF/Randomness

I typed something today that just absolutely shocked me...I typed "In 2 years when I celebrate my 10th (!!) wedding anniversary..."!!  For some reason that just shocked me! It does not seem at all like it's been almost 10 years since Ben and I got married.  In fact, it even is somewhat of a shock that we'll celebrate #8 in a couple of months.  My goodness where does the time go??  
 
Anyway, I am participating in 5 Question Friday today...Mainly because all of my pictures are on my home computer, and 5QF is the only thing I can really do right now.  You know, because work can wait and all. :-)
 
1. Where do you escape to when you've had enough?
I don't really have a particular place that I go, but I just try to get away by myself for a little bit.  Whether it's to go for a run or just out for a drive, I just try to get away from it all before I say or do something I may regret. 
 
2. What shows are you watching this fall?
Two Broke Girls, Two and a Half Men (mixed feelings on it now), How I Met your Mother, House, NCIS & NCIS:LA, Modern Family, The Middle, Criminal Minds, The Mentalist, The Big Bang Theory (so funny!), and college football.  Most of these shows are watched from the DVR because we're rarely home, but these are the ones we DVR the most.
 
3. What was the longest roadtrip you've ever taken and where did you go?
Time-wise it was our trip to Miami a few years ago.  It's about a 12 hour drive, but it felt like we drove for ages!!  Or there was one year that we went on an 8 hour trip, but Russell was an infant and was teething, so he SCREAMED almost half of the trip.  I learned from then on to ALWAYS carry baby Tylenol no matter what!
 
4. Do you plan on taking your kids to Disney World?
Disney and I have a love/hate relationship.  I love the idea of taking my boys there and seeing the excitement on their faces...But I hate the place.  I don't do well in crowds; I value my personal space (which, by the way, is 6 inches to 4 feet, and I prefer to have 4 ft!) too much.  And standing in line to ride roller coasters that end up making me puke is just not my idea of a fun time.  So yes,  we'll probably take them back, but certainly not any time soon!
 
5. What is something people would surprised to know about you?
 I think people would be surprised to know that I'm actually quite sensitive.  I feel like a lot of people think of me as a very strong-willed, stubborn person, which I am.  But I also get upset and hurt by some of the dumbest things.  I try not to show it because it frustrates the heck out of me, but it's true.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm a new follower from Five Question Friday.

The 8 hr trip with a screaming baby does not sound like fun!

I'm looking forward to taking my kids to Disney one day.. but yeah the long lines don't sound like my idea of fun either.

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

oh man, car rides with screaming kids are very rough. I drove from Maine to Pennsylvania with my little cousin one time and she had the worse diarrhea and was teething at the time. The poor dear was stinky, crying, uncomfortable and exhausted the entire time. It was hard on everyone. And I like to getaway solo when I'm upset too, I usually pop into the shower, that is always a refreshing place for me to be.

I can't believe you've been married 10 years, you seem too young!

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

You're right- I did miss the "two" years!