We always try to have good weekends, and to make the most of them that we can; but this past weekend came about as close to perfect as any weekend can get. There are very few things that I would've done differently this weekend, and I love being able to say that. I know that anyone reading this little ole blog may not give a flip about our weekends, but I have to write it down because I want to always remember it. And it's my blog, so I can write about whatever I want. :-)
![]() |
| YUM!! |
Friday: We still have our old house for sale, and after months of no activity, we finally had someone coming to look at it. Ben and I already had a very, extremely rare date night planned, so we high-tailed it to the other house to clean it back up and then back home to get ready for a date. The debate was on for whether we wanted to take the car or the motorcycle, but with no kids around, it was a no-brainer that we'd take the bike. And the night was beautiful for it. We enjoyed a delicious dinner at the Japanese restaurant, then headed back home to watch reruns of The Mentalist; man, I love that show.
Saturday: Saturday morning meant lots of cookie baking for Brandon's cookies and milk birthday party that was scheduled for Sunday afternoon. I am so proud of myself, because I actually made a batch of chocolate chip cookies from scratch! And they were actually GOOD! I also baked pre-packaged sugar cookies and another batch of chocolate chip, you know, just in case my from scratch ones sucked. After all of that baking was done, we headed out to football. It was the first preseason game of the year for Russell, and I couldn't be more proud of our little team. All of the boys did very well, and even though we didn't win, they played one heck of a game.
Saturday afternoon brought with it more party prep, a grocery run, relaxing on the porch swing, trying out new bicycles, and meeting some of the neighbors. We figure we've lived in the neighborhood for a year now; it's probably time we meet some of the other people who live here too! It was fun though, because Russell got to play with some of the neighborhood kids and we met their parents, who actually turned out to be pretty cool. Hopefully they thought the same about us!
Saturday night we got a last minute call to go out dancing with some friends. Thank heaven for my sister who only lives 5 minutes away and who was willing to watch our kids at the last minute. It would've been just fine continuing to hang out with the neighbors, but a second date night with Benjamin was pretty cool.
Sunday: We were up and at 'em Sunday morning getting ready for the big 3rd birthday celebration. For some reason I fell in love with the idea of a cookies and milk party, mostly because Brandon isn't really into anything right now. We did sprinkle in some Cookie Monster elements, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it was a Cookie Monster party. But that's just me. It was always easy to throw "themed" parties for Russell, but Brandon is all over the place with his interests, so I had no idea what to do for him. I do have to say that the cookies and milk was a big hit. My friend Sabrina suggested a cookie decorating station (hence the sugar cookies), and the kids absolutely loved that. There is no telling how many sprinkles are now in my carpet, but happy kids was well worth it. I sat out on the back porch after the festivities were over, and I told Ben that I wished the weekend would not end. The kids had been good, time with the family had been fun...If I could have stopped time I would have. It was as close to perfect as a weekend could get.
Now that I've rambled on and on, I'll leave you with pictures from my littlest man's 3rd birthday party.
| Oreo "Cake" and lots of cookies to choose from |
| Preston did not want anything to do with Noah...But Noah was all about trying to be friends! |
| My Birthday Boy |
| It is a very good thing he did not catch his hair on fire...We thought we were in trouble for a minute! |
| A plate full of cookies makes for a happy little boy. |
| Haley, Russell, and Brandon decorating cookies. |
| Katelyn and Brandon |
| Finally, an appropriate helmet for his bike riding. |
| Thanks to Nana and Papa, we now have a new horn for our bike as well...Definitely the highlight of his gifts. |

1 comment:
Sounds like a great weekend and I'm glad you guys were in good spirits to go clean up a house right before date night, ahah, my BF and I would probably do it but start bickering along the way... and you're brave to ride a bike, I did it one time holding on to someone and I was SO scared that my arms were going to give out. Nice job on the homemade cookies! Always feels good to have a successful baking and looks like you got to dance in celebration after! :) The cookie party idea is REALLY cute, I would have LOVED that as a little kid (and now even), especially like you said that' he's not into one particular overwhelming theme yet so why not do something different??? I love it, very clever. My girlfriend who has a daughter had a "Fancy Nancy" party for her (probably a little out of your arena with two sons, haha) but it looked SO fun. I'm excited to think of ideas like that when I'm a Mom!
Post a Comment