Thursday, September 8, 2011

3 Year Stats

I took my littlest big man for his 3-yr check up this morning and thankfully all is well.  Well, with the exception of a double ear infection.  But that's nothing we haven't faced before, so I'm considering all as being well in the health of Brandon.  Here are his stats at three years old:

Height:  38 1/2 inches (+3" from age 2)

Weight:  34 lbs (+5 lbs from age 2)
BP:  88/56 (first time it's been checked)
Eyes:  So far so good
Spine:  Good

I bribed Brandon with a piece of gum if he would stand on the scale like a big boy to see how much he weighed.  For some reason he always screams and refuses to move when he has to stand on the scale, which usually results in me having to try to hold him down in the carseat looking scale...That always goes over SOOOO well.  So today I bribed with gum.  And he stood on that scale like a champ!  I had to remind him about the gum at one point, because he wouldn't identify the different pictures for the nurse.  After reminding him of that little "incentive", he rattled off each and every object she showed him.  It's amazing what a little gum will do for a little brat, I mean child.  
He also got to pee in a cup for the first time as well.  To him, that was almost as exciting as peeing off the porch!  Oh the joys of having little boys!  I did have to laugh when the doctor went to pick Brandon up.  I guess he didn't realize just how "solid" Brandon is, because when he went to lift him, the doctor said "Oh!" and had almost a look of shock on his face.  Yes, my little child is built quite solidly.  He's my little brick.  

1 comment:

Caitlin @ Candyfloss & Persie said...

haha, I would do anything for candy when I was little... no problem there. Poor little guy with a double ear infection!!! I never get those anymore (knock on wood) but I remember waking up in the middle of the night when I was little just screaming in pain, they hurt! I'm impressed he did so well through the exam!